Fried eggs?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Unfortunately it seems like the look and colour of the inside and outside of the egg can be engeneered so we consumers can be fooled into thinking they are better than they are.
People in the UK like brown eggs but the preference down here is for white.

I'd always believed that the colour of the Chicken determined the colour of the Egg, white Chickens produce white Eggs as for gravel I thought every bird needed some to digest it's food. Oh and eggshell is Calcium not 'dirt' :wacko:
I just googled it and I was absolutely wrong. :blush:

Unfortunately it seems like the look and colour of the inside and outside of the egg can be engeneered so we consumers can be fooled into thinking they are better than they are.
I think I'd heard that somewhere, and factory eggs are suspiciously uniform in colour. I always buy the free range 'certified humane' graded ones which are randomly coloured, as one would expect from a natural product.

Eziemnaik

Über Member
One of the most common ways to achieve attractive yolk color is give the hens lots of beta caroten😊
What is quite interesting same procedure is applied to chickens, as customers generally prefer darker color

Eziemnaik

Über Member
But not that of yolk, so even white hen with enough carrot in its diet can provide us with beautiful, deep orange/red yolk 😊

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
so... which came first? :rolleyes:

Eziemnaik

Über Member
Dunno
But if anybody would like a tip for scrambled eggs add salt and some acid into the beaten eggs to encourage coagulation therefore resulting in creamier end result

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Goose eggs last Sunday!

77DDE226-EAFB-4D57-BDBC-C495B65A840D.jpeg

70B7DD0F-D36D-4AEA-BC7B-97B3F2DFC43E.jpeg

7B88BA3E-0E8F-41C0-8730-B283B1F0595A.jpeg