Friendly clubs in SW London - personal recommendations?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hello everyone,

I've just moved to SW London (nr Richmond Park) and I am interested in joining a cycling club. I've had a look around at the CTC website and it's given me some good links, but can anyone recommend a good club from personal experience?

I'm just looking for a beginners club run on Sundays with a friendly bunch.

Ta muchly!

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
My ex used to ride with the Addiscombe: http://www.addiscombe.org/index.htm
who apparently are a friendly bunch with fairly relaxed rides.

I was too lazy to get up and join in so don't have any personal experience of their rides ;)

Horace - you need Kingston Wheelers - speak to gezza on this forum. They do a "all together and wait for everyone" clubrun on Sunday. Check out their website where full details are given. (Not a member btw so not advertising...just seems quite suited to welcoming newbies etc...)

OP
OP
Horace Goes Skiing

Horace Goes Skiing

Thanks Aperitif and Baggy - I'll certainly look into those two websites. I feel spoilt for choice down here - much better than Central London!

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
Hope one of the clubs appeals! There are some really nice rides just outside of SW London - I lived in Colliers Wood for years and used to enjoy getting out into the Surrey lanes. It's not bad having Richmond Park so close either...

Nick1979

Horace, have you tried one of the clubs yet?
I'm in SW11, a few miles east of Richmond Park as well, and I'm also looking for newbie friendly club rides!

Or you could try...

London Dynamos are based in Kingston/Richmond Park area. Park rides early on a Saturday and Wed evening. Long rides into Surrey hills on Sundays. Plus lots of other scary stuff i've not yet got involved with... time trials, track racing, etc. Tend to be a bit serious though but good if you want to challenge yourself!

Top Bottom