Friendly policeman.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossala

Guru
Not sure I fully agree with that. The best Police campaign I ever saw had the strapline: "Protecting the majority from the individual and the individual from the majority" which I think sums it up pretty well.
It's a slogan. Do you believe everything you hear. It's a pro police campaign...

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
You may be a little pessimistic with your estimate of 6.....but not all that pessimistic if truth be told.

Horses mouth actually - I was quite surprised. Very much a supporter of the police, and I said that was crazy, how could they cover such a big area with so few vehicles.

jay clock

Massive member
I was almost hit by a car that then crashed into woodland and stayed as a witness (he was trying to take a roundabout at 60mph). The sarge came over to me, and first question was "are you a triathlete? I am doing my first race tomorrow, any useful tips?)

We also have a bobby on an MTB who potters around and absolutely has his finger on the pulse. He came to see a neighbour who had had some minor building work done that week just to drop a hint that one of the labourers had form, so if anything went missing, get in touch.....

Birchy

Regular
We also have a bobby on an MTB who potters around and absolutely has his finger on the pulse. He came to see a neighbour who had had some minor building work done that week just to drop a hint that one of the labourers had form, so if anything went missing, get in touch.....

That's a little naughty of the officer. I can see why he did it but its not right.

jay clock

Massive member
That's a little naughty of the officer. I can see why he did it but its not right.
His words were actually something like "Do you know the owner of the house.....was he having some work done the other day......I cycled past...... when the workmen were there".... He was very discreet!

Lanzecki

Über Member

Just old fashioned policing, where the local bobby knew everyone, and he's keep them on the straight and narrow with a quiet word and maybe a clip around the ear. It worked for me. Now a days if you get the police they often don't know the area, It must be very frustrating to know there are nasty types around, but not know the places they hide in.

Top Bottom