Friends from the past.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
I don't think so but don't really know.
Google.fr?

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Have you ever tried to search and find friends from the past? I tried on various sites to find old army mates from 1969/1970 and also school mates from 1962 onwards but so far have failed. I would really like to have a "reunion" from my army days but I think it won't happen. Shame really.

I keep in touch with three brothers whom I went to school with in the 1970's. Sadly, two other brothers and a third pal are now deceased, having taken their own lives:sad:. I did get a big surprise last year when a lady called up for a quote and told me the name of her employer. I recognised the surname and mentioned that I went to school with a similar person back in the 70's but hadn't seen him since about 1975 when his family moved. Imagine my surprise when I got an email from him out in Hing Kong and it was my old mate from waaaay back!. Hadn't had any contact with him for over 40 years!. Small universe.....^_^

Dave7

Legendary Member
Have you ever tried to search and find friends from the past? I tried on various sites to find old army mates from 1969/1970 and also school mates from 1962 onwards but so far have failed. I would really like to have a "reunion" from my army days but I think it won't happen. Shame really.
I am probably older that you as I left school 1961.
Using friendsReunited I managed to find 2 "friends" and enjoyed catching up. Tried using facebook but that throws up so many people with the same names I gave up.

No once they have gone thats it, I move on.
If you were important to someone and them to you then you wouldnt have lost touch in the first place I think.
Come come, there must be someone from your past you wonder about now and again. Someone you just kinda lost touch with/haven't buried under the patio with a stake through their heart.

I have several times got in touch with folk from my past. Variable results. But never anything terrible. Never regretted it.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I haven't seen my best friend and best man at my wedding for nearly 16 years. Others haven't seen or heard from him either. I've typed his name into Farcebook and stuff but no luck.
I've been invited to old school reunions over the years,but don't take up the offers. I didn't like most of them then,so i don't suppose i'd like them now.

Last edited:
[QUOTE 4994478, member: 259"]Finding old friends is the only reason I ever signed up with it, but there is no way I'm going to spend any time posting pictures of my breakfast or any shite like that. Once I get in touch I'll call them or send an email.[/QUOTE]
:smile: yes, i have used it to contact one or two folk. I ask them to get back if interested. If they do i tell them that i will unfriend/block them on FB and from then on it is email/direct coms. FB is a mental menace.

[QUOTE 4994478, member: 259"]Finding old friends is the only reason I ever signed up with it, but there is no way I'm going to spend any time posting pictures of my breakfast or any shite like that. Once I get in touch I'll call them or send an email.[/QUOTE]

Speaking of which, this is what I had for dinner last night, Linda's, avo, Vampire Killer sauce in a bagel.
DSC_0035.JPG

Top Bottom