Friends reunited

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cbs

Interesting story - I had my original Trek MTB stolen from my shed many years ago, went through insurance and replaced it with a later and better bike (that I still have now). Some time later, I was just walking into the local Tesco, when a chap rode up on a familiar bike and leant it against the wall before going into the store. I had a close look and it was mine for sure - battered and abused, but still had all the bike shop stickers on it. I waited for the guy to come out and politely informed him that it was stolen, at which point he got very defensive and claimed that it was definitely his. I wasn't going to take it any further as it wasn't mine by that time really and I didn't want a confrontation as such, so I just told him that he was riding a stolen bike and watched him ride off.

I still wonder whether I should have just wheeled it away!

Good news!!! Hope you have many quality miles together :-)

OP
OP
Linford

Linford

[QUOTE 2621332, member: 259"]Nice one, Linf! What on earth did they do to the poor front mudguard though? :whistle:[/quote]

I had the bike back such a short while when nicked, I never had a chance to re attach the race blades. I've probably got them on upside down and back to front now :laugh:

OP
OP
Linford

Linford

22 miles on it on tuesday and 28 miles on it this evening with 950 ft of climbing if strava is to be believed, will be interested to see what the weeks tally will be with one day on, one day off (not commuting on it)
I've been out of the loop for a bit due to the lack of a bike i want to ride. I am just loving this bike again :becool:

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
happy and rare ending

OP
OP
Linford

Linford

@theclaud

If you have more than a passing interest, the mileage is going up on it now. I'm still messing with the setup, it feels pretty much right now for me even if the fashion police are having a field day.
I only got to the point early last week where with the changes with the saddle and stem that it didn't hurt to ride it due to the geometry changes which the 'possessor' of it made when it was out of my hands.
(proper) Rides since then have been:-
22 miles, previous tuesday
28 miles, last thursday
20 miles on it last saturday
42 miles on monday
40 miles on it today
Only one of these rides (today) involved commuting. I'm happy to commute if it doesn't involve riding a very fast and narrow road which takes a lot of traffic out of the town, and that will add 12 miles every day I commute. I've seen many many near misses on it over the years involving cyclists, and I have no desire to become a bonnet ornament on any passing car. I've settled on an alternative which is very quiet, so commuting on it is going to become a lot more of regular occurrence.

Top Bottom