From a scale of 7 to 10 how middle class is this forum?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tim Hall

Consensus is impossible.

What class is Lord Alan Sugar?

You can make a compelling case for him being all three classes at once.
Is "annoying eejit" on the list? If not it should be.

winjim

Smash the cistern
If you claim working class with a nice house, mortgage and car plus more bikes than you really, really, really need them you're middle class. Or at least your kids are.
But I only have all those things because I work for them. And the mortgage means that if I stop working, the bank take my house away.

I do eat vegetables out of season though.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I have a fairly good income,i own my house and I'm working class to the bone
Same here. Worked since I was 16, been a trade union member for 44 years. Not really sure what " Middle Class" is any more. Used to be bank clerks and the like, desk jockies, but the lines are very blurred now. I can go out to eat at restaurants, and can afford a decent holiday every year. I also ride a bike costing a couple of grand. What does that make me?

screenman

Legendary Member
Same here. Worked since I was 16, been a trade union member for 44 years. Not really sure what " Middle Class" is any more. Used to be bank clerks and the like, desk jockies, but the lines are very blurred now. I can go out to eat at restaurants, and can afford a decent holiday every year. I also ride a bike costing a couple of grand. What does that make me?

A cyclist.

arch684

Veteran
A cyclist with a better bike than me

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
I deign to get out of the bath to have a poo these days... So I guess I probably appear middle class, despite the fact that I'm a working class Northerner in exile.

The surprising thing, perhaps, is that said bath isn't made of tin, doesn't sit in our "front place", and isn't full of coal.

Top Bottom