From a scale of 7 to 10 how middle class is this forum?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The Jogger

Legendary Member
Who cares about what class people are and certainly class is not defined by income or property owned.

sheddy

Legendary Member
It's flat where I live and I only use the middle ring.

It's so middle class to be mortgaged up with only the income from your pay and to claim to be working class still.

I bet you're so moneymarket too! :laugh:

So on that basis I'm just above minimum wage, bought my house in the north when a bag of London peanuts was the same price and still have a mortgage! I'm so middle class. If I wanted to be working class of be an electrician or plumber living in a nice 4 bedroom house in a more affluent part of the area and driving a big SUV when my van is parked in the driveway next to the nearly new motorhome or caravan in front of the double garage with 13 bikes in it (you've not counted the kids and wife's bikes in that) and all the tools you could possibly want. Now that is really working class.

BTW there's a really successful sit on lawnmower retailer in such an area so you can guess how working class people really are.

If you claim working class with a nice house, mortgage and car plus more bikes than you really, really, really need them you're middle class. Or at least your kids are.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Cue a 20 page argument about what exactly is meant by "middle class".

I have no income other than my salary. If I didn't work, my family would go hungry. I have no land or titles and own no property other than the house I live in, which is mortgaged. I am working class and I suspect the same is true for most of the forum members.

I do shop at Ocado.

Exactly!

It is first necessary to define “middle class”.

The Media rank the Middletons as “middle class”......

Depends where on the hill you are standing.

Top Bottom