From scratch spring project.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GIOS

Questo posto è una bettola!
Background:
A couple of years back my interest towards cycling went from "being a casual commuter" to "thigh measurer". I started in a new workplace and met a Colnagoist (this is probably the title he would like to be referred as) called Tuomas. We used to chat about bicycles, specs, routes etc. to a point our colleagues were close to a nervous breakdown. We brought my badly crashed 78' Bianchi Rekord to it's past glory and "steel is real" attitude was sat in my head. After doing many many miles on steel (not anywhere as many as SatNavSaysStraightOn has done :smile:) I started to consider lighter materials, carbon and Ti in my case. After being to LBSs two things were for sure. First one being the fact that Ti definitely has the looks and the second one being that with stock bikes I would have to make compromises. But still, should I try carbon first?

standalone

"I didn't need Exel to realize my budget was going to be quite big."

Introduction:
So I ended up trying carbon to see if I liked it at all. This all because of the €300 frames from e-Hongfu. After choosing the frame everything went quite painlessly as I knew what I was looking for. Being a 3TTT fan new 3T components were an obvious choice... and so was the Campagnolo groupset. I was going for a Selle Italia saddle but eventually went for Fizik because of my friends' recommendations. At this point all I had to do was handing my credit card information to CRC.

Here is a list of components so far:
  • Hongfu FM001 frame
  • 3T Funda Pro Fork
  • 3T Arx Pro Stem
  • 3T Rotundo Pro Handlebar
  • 3T Doric Pro Seatpost
  • Campagnolo Centaur Red Groupset
  • Campagnolo Record TTC Headset
  • Fizik Arione CX Red Saddle
Still missing are the wheelset as I'm still considering between 3T and Campagnolo. Also pedals and a few small parts are still under "manufacturer consideration".

To be continued as parts arrive...
Also available on bettola.cc a.k.a my new cycling blog.

Top Bottom