Front brake calliper cam siezed?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I am trying to remove the front wheel on my SCR2. When I lift the cam on the calliper that the brake cable runs through, there is no movement at all to open out the brakes.
There is an allen headed bolt that runs through the other side of the calliper with a nut on the end. I can undo the nut at the back but the allen key end will not budge. Is it supposed to?
I have wd40`d the lot and left it to soak but it seems to make no difference.
The bike if 5 months old.
Can anybody offer any advise because this is getting on my wick now.

I broke the top of the core from the Presta valve off this morning and although it held air for todays commute, I don`t want to push my luck again tomorrow.

Cheers.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
TBH nip it back to the shop due to the age, but if it's been ridden all winter without some TLC on the pivots of the brakes (i.e. squirt of WD), this can and does happen.

Undo the brake calliper from the back of the fork crown - don't touch the front one just yet.

The cam should move the pads out, but this sounds like possible sticky cables and a seized calliper.

Just to add a final kick in the B*****s for the day.
I`ve just been out to the shed to give it one last go as it has been left well soaking in wd, tried to encourage a bit of extra movement in the calliper and ...............
broke the f****** brake cable in the cam!!!!!!!!

Bugger it, I`ll take public transport tomorrow followed by a visit to lbs in the evening.
Excuse my language but was all going so well today (apart from the valve core). Rode through the 3,000 mile mark on the way home from work.

Rant ends.

Top Bottom