Front Derailieur Problems

Discussion in 'Bicycle Mechanics and Repairs' started by Simba, 11 Apr 2010.

1. Simba

Simba Specialized Allez 24 Rider

On Friday when I shifted gear to the top ring on the front, the derailleur made a weird noise. Now occasionally when shifting it throws the chain off. I think the tail needs rotating to the left but I have no idea how to do this. The gear system is SRAM 3.0 High Clamp on a Carrera Vengeance Ltd.

2. RecordAceFromNew

RecordAceFromNew Swinging Member

This guide works.

3. OP
    OP
    Simba

4. e-rider

e-rider crappy member

well, it sounds like you managed to bend the cage a little. Impossible to diagnose the problem without seeing it.

Mt advice would be to first learn how a front mech should be adjusted correctly, and then have a look at yours and make any necessary adjustments

5. OP
    OP
    Simba

It doesn't look bent, I don't know what happened or how but it does need adjusting. I am assuming the guy in halfords adjusted the front rather than the back derailleur that I asked for during the 6 week free service. (He looked like he was in danger of waking up)

6. OP
    OP
    Simba

Figured it out, the cable somehow slackened off. Adjusting it is proving annoying, I need 2 pairs of hands to do it meh or what.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice