Front Derailieur Problems

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Simba

Specialized Allez 24 Rider
On Friday when I shifted gear to the top ring on the front, the derailleur made a weird noise. Now occasionally when shifting it throws the chain off. I think the tail needs rotating to the left but I have no idea how to do this. The gear system is SRAM 3.0 High Clamp on a Carrera Vengeance Ltd.

RecordAceFromNew

Swinging Member
This guide works.

e-rider

crappy member
well, it sounds like you managed to bend the cage a little. Impossible to diagnose the problem without seeing it.

Mt advice would be to first learn how a front mech should be adjusted correctly, and then have a look at yours and make any necessary adjustments

OP
OP
Simba

Simba

Specialized Allez 24 Rider
tundragumski said:
well, it sounds like you managed to bend the cage a little. Impossible to diagnose the problem without seeing it.

Mt advice would be to first learn how a front mech should be adjusted correctly, and then have a look at yours and make any necessary adjustments

It doesn't look bent, I don't know what happened or how but it does need adjusting. I am assuming the guy in halfords adjusted the front rather than the back derailleur that I asked for during the 6 week free service. (He looked like he was in danger of waking up)

Top Bottom