Front mech problems

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

J1888

Über Member
New Boardman Team Carbon - set up is a mix of Tiagra and FSA; front mech didn't move to the big ring at all at first, Cycle Republic adjusted it and it worked fine, then started slipping, as in taking a few rotations to actually go on to the big ring and sometimes not at all. Now it's back to not moving...I'm sure I can YouTube an adjustment vid myself but just curious if you think it's worth taking back to the store.

the snail

Guru
make sure the cable isn't slipping through the clamp

RMurphy195

Take it back.
Agreed -it's a new bike,and while the fix may be obvious, if it's something that has been happening from the word "Go" rather than something that has crept in after a few years use use then maybe, just maybe, it's not a matter of adjustment but of defective bits!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
It's easy to fix. If it's not going up straight away, then the limit screw needs opening up a little. As it's now not shifting, take a look at the cable, if it's slack it's come loose.

Google video it, they are easy to sort out.

Heisenberg71

When you're dead, you're dead
Probably cable slipping, as already called out. It happened to me recently, for the first time ever. Adjust it correctly and tighten. Failing that play with limit screw, probably just half a turn will allow the derailleur to edge out that extra 1mm needed to make it to the big ring. Really easy fix for yourself, if so inclined.

However as others have said, take it back by all means. However you're talking five minutes of your time to fix it.
Your call Sir.

Top Bottom