Front & Rear LED Micro Indicators - QNT

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
WIGHTDIAMOND

WIGHTDIAMOND

just the e assist next lol

Nah, the indicators ARE my e-assist! :biggrin: I do have a new Windwrap XT arriving tomorrow which I'll make brackets for and fit this weekend, then she's done. I'll ride her for a few weeks more and see where I am then. Maybe I'll just blow up the hill behind my house. :biggrin:

r04DiE

300km a week through London on a road bike.
I hate the idea of indicators but you have made such an impressive, neat and overall good-looking job of them that I now love the idea. They look good on a recumbent. Not for me on my bike, but you have made a great job there. Well done!

OP
OP
WIGHTDIAMOND

WIGHTDIAMOND

I hate the idea of indicators but you have made such an impressive, neat and overall good-looking job of them that I now love the idea. They look good on a recumbent. Not for me on my bike, but you have made a great job there. Well done!

Thank you, r04DiE, much appreciated!!

r04DiE

You're welcome. I really think that they suit the recumbent. A normal bike is too skinny and they just look stupid but they seem to work very well with the extra width on the 'bent. Nice stuff!

OP
OP
WIGHTDIAMOND

WIGHTDIAMOND

You're welcome. I really think that they suit the recumbent. A normal bike is too skinny and they just look stupid but they seem to work very well with the extra width on the 'bent. Nice stuff!

I agree. Plus the ones being sold for bikes, the indicators are so close together, from a distance it's difficult for a car to see which way you're indicating. With this system it's clear as the indicators are about the same distance apart as a motorcycle system. In fact, these little indicators are made for motorcycles.

OP
OP
WIGHTDIAMOND

WIGHTDIAMOND

There's a useful PDF for anyone wanting to do this: https://m.fortnine.ca/media/pdf/moose/176855_V1.pdf However, you can't ground your ground wires to the frame of a bike like you can on a car or truck. Instead, take all your ground wires to the negative output on your power bank. Also, remember to wire in an inline fuse along your positive wire going to the power bank.

r04DiE

I agree. Plus the ones being sold for bikes, the indicators are so close together, from a distance it's difficult for a car to see which way you're indicating. With this system it's clear as the indicators are about the same distance apart as a motorcycle system. In fact, these little indicators are made for motorcycles.
It almost makes me want to buy a 'bent!

plantfit

Guru
Liking your "headlight" mount, now on my list of thing to do this weekend, many thanks for the idea

Top Bottom