Front to rear wheels trike drive

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

knocker

Hi all. First post. My wife and I both bought Jorvik trikes to enjoy here in Portugal. The trikes are ok, but have a few design flaws for our lifestyle. Primarily they are front wheel drive and many of the tracks locally are dirt tracks in hilly terrain . I have had to get off and walk alongside whilst tickling the throttle on many occasions as the front wheel was spinning and offering no traction.To improve this I am pondering fitting a driven wheel to both of the two rear wheels instead of the one useless skipping/sliding front wheel. Has anyone done this or can offer advice?

CXRAndy

Guru
Hi all. First post. My wife and I both bought Jorvik trikes to enjoy here in Portugal. The trikes are ok, but have a few design flaws for our lifestyle. Primarily they are front wheel drive and many of the tracks locally are dirt tracks in hilly terrain . I have had to get off and walk alongside whilst tickling the throttle on many occasions as the front wheel was spinning and offering no traction.To improve this I am pondering fitting a driven wheel to both of the two rear wheels instead of the one useless skipping/sliding front wheel. Has anyone done this or can offer advice?

Try a larger tyre with knobbly tread for trails, also lowering tyre pressure will offer better grip- If there is room to have larger tyre

Top Bottom