Froome and Wiggins TUEs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wombat

They are banned both in and out of competition. The AAF from a tested sample will incur the normal sanction, ie a ban of two years for a first offense. However, the idiots that run the show decided that only "in competition" samples would be tested for this drug and samples taken OOC are not tested for it. Therefore, whilst a TUE should be generated for OOC use, nobody bothers because they know that an AAF will never be generated. This modification to the testing protocol was introduced about 6 years ago. So you have a nice little pact - "we wont look and don't you tell us that you are using it." Therefore, only somebody who believes in Santa would think that although the TUE was only for one injection, that was the limit of the dose applied.

Wombat

hi resal, very interested in some of your posts, you seem to have very good knowledge of the 'doping scene' - I was particularly interested in your posts about Angus Frazer . . .

dragon72

Guru
Lack of evidence means that his guilt cannot be proven, so therefore Wiggo has not been proven guilty (as opposed to been proven not-guilty).

The allegations may have been pure testicles, or they may have been truthful, but now it looks like we'll never know what was in that jiffy bag. Which means that there will forever be the whiff of PEDs about Sir Wiggins. That's the way suspicion works I'm afraid, Bradliño.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cycling/41999310 "This period of time has been a living hell for me and my family, full of innuendo and speculation. At times it has felt nothing less than a malicious witch hunt. To say I am disappointed by some of the comments made by Ukad this morning is an understatement," added Wiggins. "No evidence exists to prove a case against me and in all other circumstances this would be an unqualified finding of innocence."

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
"We're living in an era of French innuendo and insinuation," Armstrong said. "We're living in an era of doping frenzy in sports. If you jump, run, swim or ride fast, you are questioned." "I'm confident they will find nothing." "We had been put in a position where we couldn't defend ourselves." ooops sorry I was flashing back.

NickNick

Not proven is hardly an unqualified finding of innocence.

Especially when records have been conveniently disappearing/being stolen... left right and centre.

I also find it funny how he was so quick to throw accusations and innuendo at Lizzie Armitstead when she was cleared (he made statement to the press that no way would anyone miss 3 by accident), yet we're meant to unconditionally believe him despite there being way more red flags than in her case!

hoopdriver

Guru
Especially when records have been conveniently disappearing/being stolen... left right and centre.

I also find it funny how he was so quick to throw accusations and innuendo at Lizzie Armitstead when she was cleared (he made statement to the press that no way would anyone miss 3 by accident), yet we're meant to unconditionally believe him despite there being way more red flags than in her case!
Yes the lost, missing, stolen records just beggars belief. I can’t believe anyone could attempt to solemnly state all that and keep a straight face.

Top Bottom