Fruit Pastilles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Good toffee can also be used to re-attach bits that fall off

Like your teeth…

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I adore fruit pastilles. I save all the red ones and black ones for the bloke.
My dad told me that the black sparkly stuff on the black pastilles was coal dust so I wouldn’t eat them and gave them to dad. He said the red ones were coloured with cochineal so beetle juices. I gave them to dad too. I still don’t eat them, even though I do know better.

It are the yellow ones I don't like! Didn't matter what kind of sweet, I just don't like lemon-flavoured sweets. I find the flavour overpowering.

The purple (blackcurrant) ones, well now we're talking... Especially jelly babies. :blush: Although to be fair, I don't eat that many sweets. My go-to are mainly peppermint menthos or mint imperials. Although I do like butter mints too. Murray mints IIRC.

I remember that fruit pastilles and fruit gums used to come in small boxes as well as tubes, with the fruit gums actually shaped like the fruit it was flavoured with. I preferred the gums from the tubes, as I was kind of fascinated by the fact that one surface was smooth, and the other was ridged.

simongt

Guru
An alternative to fruit pastilles are 'American Hard Gums', if they're still available. Similar to pastilles, but not as soft, or as hard as the name implies. ^_^
Interesting though. :smile:

simongt

Guru
I found a shop today with a small selection of proper sweets in jars.
We've had one of these in Norwich for several years. I've had to stop going in there as my poor old teeth can't cope with the sugar onslaught anymore - ! :rofl:
But the choice; amazing - ! :okay:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I always prefered Fruit Gums but I don't think you can get them now.
Fruit gums are readily available here in Glasgow.
Sometimes I get them for a bike ride if there are no jelly beans available.
I don't like fruit pastilles :smile:
I don't really eat sweeties unless as a backup energy boost on a long ride.

Top Bottom