Frustration choosing a 2014 Endurance road bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BSRU

A Human Being
I think I will always have a use for the Titanium bike for commuting (because it has pannier racks which I need). My fear is that I will spend £3.5K on a carbon bike but then find that I still prefer the Titanium. I think that that's unlikely and I'm pretty sure that I will prefer the Carbon frame for sportives / weekend riding. However, never having ridden a carbon frame before, I just can't be sure....
If you are riding competitively then buying a carbon might be a good idea but if your not then there is no real need apart from the buzz of owning one.

eml1909

Definitely not riding competitively although, as I say, my cycling is getting better and I am becoming more ambitious about my rides. Having cycled to Paris, I'm now keen to cycle Alpe dh Huez and Ventoux....

michaelcycle

What happened to "n+1"?
People have suggested that I'd find a carbon road bike more sporty, more responsive and better fun. I assume that a carbon bike has a very different feel to a Titanium bike.

Feel is more about fit and geometry in my view than frame material.

You could change the wheels and / or cassette if needs be when you go on your European jaunt.

BSRU

A Human Being
The guy at Bespoke trying to sell me a Colnago had this to say: "The Colnago would fit like a glove, handle like a dream and have a very different ride feel to your Condor making it a perfect 'weekend blasting' machine"

But he would say that, wouldn't he?!
The problem is you need to spend the money and ride it for a while to see if you've made the right choice.
Since you love your Condor could you love another bike as much and still love the Condor the same^_^.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
I think I will always have a use for the Titanium bike for commuting (because it has pannier racks which I need). My fear is that I will spend £3.5K on a carbon bike but then find that I still prefer the Titanium. I think that that's unlikely and I'm pretty sure that I will prefer the Carbon frame for sportives / weekend riding. However, never having ridden a carbon frame before, I just can't be sure....
i wouldnt swap the comfort and speed of my titanium bike for loveor money and it climbs like a beast. i rode mine on sunday in a 50mile sportive with nearly 6k feet of climbing and it was a dream to ride. it weighs in at a tad under 8kg, which is lighter than most mid range carbon bikes, as full 105 groupset and zipp firecrest 202's and cost me 4k. find me a carbon bike that rides smoother, faster and more comfortable within that price range and i still wouldnt swap it for my titanium bullet.

Last edited:
Top Bottom