[FS] Samsung Galaxy Note 4 in Black - 32GB - N910F

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I have a moto g kicking around somewhere, was a cracking phone but upgraded to an iphone on end of contract. I can try to find it and give you the model, condition if you like. I have meant to put it on Ebay for ages but never got round to it. Would let it go cheap though.
That's nice of you but I'm not sure that I would want to pay you what it was really worth! I'd want to be putting most of my phone budget into the more expensive phone.

PS Actually, I just checked and some original Moto Gs have gone on eBay recently for under £20. If you are talking THAT cheap then I would certainly be interested in hearing from you. PM me if you want to chat about it! :okay:

I have been looking at a lot of phones and am sorely tempted by this ...
[QUOTE 4710712, member: 45"]The g5 is out this month. Around £160.[/QUOTE]

You can get a Nexus 5 for under £100 nowadays @ColinJ .Plenty of bang for your buck.
Aaargh - yet another model to think about! :laugh:

Smokey's S4 lasted me 2 years. I think if I spend £150-200 on phones every 2-3 years, I can live with that.

ColinJ

I thought I had bagged an HTC One M8 overnight. I spotted one whose tatty back panel seemed to be holding its price down. The auction was finishing at 6am while most people would not be on eBay. I made a bid just before I went to bed but I was a few pence short so I upped my bid slightly and my new bid stuck. I left it overnight but got outbid in the last few seconds so either someone was using a sniper or they logged on at 05:55 ish to do it.

Never mind. If nothing else turns up at a good price I will buy one of the new Moto G5s when they come out in April.

ColinJ

Hi @DooDah - did you have a look for your Moto G and do you have an idea of what price you wanted? People are starting to grumble about not being able to contact me so I need to make my mind up about a cheapo phone while waiting to sort out a replacement fancy one.

Found it, in the most obvious place which of course I looked in last!! It is a Moto G 8GB in pretty impeccable condition. Still had a screen protector on it which I have now removed. I have not used it since early June when I upgraded and it had 100% charge when I turned it on. Has a USB charging cable with it, but no plug (this is what it came with), but I always charged it through the computer. It was on Vodafone, but unsure if it can be used on other networks or needs to be unlocked. Other that that I don't know, I am pretty useless at these things. How does £35 posted sound? Here are some photos:
File_000 (640x480).jpg File_001 (480x640).jpg File_002 (640x480).jpg File_003 (640x480).jpg

ColinJ

Hi @DooDah. Thanks for getting back to me.

I was really hoping to spend more like £20 because I want to put the rest of the money towards a more expensive phone. Also, I would have to get it unlocked on top of what I pay you.

I think you might get near to £35 if you put it on eBay so it is probably better that you do that. Thanks anyway and good luck selling it! :okay:

The one that roadrash linked to is on O2 which is what I need so I think I will bid on it. Ha ha - it has started creeping up!

Hi @DooDah. Thanks for getting back to me.

I was really hoping to spend more like £20 because I want to put the rest of the money towards a more expensive phone. Also, I would have to get it unlocked on top of what I pay you.

I think you might get near to £35 if you put it on eBay so it is probably better that you do that. Thanks anyway and good luck selling it! :okay:

The one that roadrash linked to is on O2 which is what I need so I think I will bid on it. Ha ha - it has started creeping up!
No worries, would probably take £30 posted but hey ho. I think the one you are watching is on Tesco but maybe that is the same as O2?
Good luck

ColinJ

No worries, would probably take £30 posted but hey ho. I think the one you are watching is on Tesco but maybe that is the same as O2?
Good luck
Yes, Tesco is on 02. I read that it costs upto £20 to get unlocked from Vodafone, although there is a small shop near here that might do it for less.

Actually, I think I will call round at that shop tomorrow to find out how much they DO charge. I have only been looking at unlocked/O2/Tesco/giffgaff but if the shop does cheap unlocking then it might be worth me looking at other networks.

As for the auction ... I got outsniped there - beaten with 3 seconds to go by 5p! :laugh:

Yes, Tesco is on 02. I read that it costs upto £20 to get unlocked from Vodafone, although there is a small shop near here that might do it for less.

Actually, I think I will call round at that shop tomorrow to find out how much they DO charge. I have only been looking at unlocked/O2/Tesco/giffgaff but if the shop does cheap unlocking then it might be worth me looking at other networks.

As for the auction ... I got outsniped there - beaten with 3 seconds to go by 5p! :laugh:
Bummer, this stuff always happens to me as well on Ebay. Anyway, let me know, it is just sitting here doing nothing, I forgot all about it to be honest until I saw your post. What with a house move and a six year old, I seem to forget most things these days, as for the cycling don't ask.........

ColinJ

I spotted another HTC One M8 on eBay offered as BIN/BO. My offer of BIN - £9 was rejected but I got it for BIN - £3, £85.30 incl. postage.

I would have liked to have bought the new Moto G5 when it comes out in April but this should be ideal for me at half the price.

Thanks for your input, y'all! :okay:

ColinJ

Er, a Moto G (original edition) was going to be a spare phone until I got a big phone. I've saved time and money and gone straight for the big phone!

An old Moto G was never going to be able to do what I need my main phone to do. For example, I have a humungous 12 GB of OS maps that would make the mere 8 GB of the Moto G 'somewhat over-full' ... :whistle:

A brand spanking new Moto G5 OTOH would have been great (16 GB storage PLUS a microSD card slot and so on) but they will not be available until April and will cost £169.

I am getting an HTC One M8, a phone that I wanted 3 years ago but could not afford then because they cost £530 at the time. A recently updated review said "Since the One M8 was released in 2014, it is close to impossible to find it new - however looking on eBay, you might find it in fantastic condition or open-box for under £220. At under £220, the One M8 is great value for money for a smartphone that's not only powerful, but also has an excellent build quality." I paid £85 ...

So, providing that the phone is as advertised and proves reliable, I will not be banging MY head against a wall!

I think I probably will still buy a cheap phone for an emergency spare, but I will be looking at a very basic 'feature phone' costing no more than £5-10. I'll put a PAYG SIM in it with £10 worth of credit and probably never use that up.

Top Bottom