FSA K Force Light 4 arm & Rotor Q Rings?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Morning all,
I am just looking to upgrade my crankset from a relatively old FSA K Force Light 5 arm unit to the current FSA K Force WE unit.
The old crankset has served me really well but has finally succumbed to the dreaded debonding issue between the pedal insert and carbon crank arm. It has done the best part of 20,000km so can't complain....
I have been using Rotor Q rings for the last 6 years as I find them really good at smoothing my pedal stroke and keeping knee pain at bay. I know the jury is out on the mechanics and the science but hey they work for me.

The current FSA WE crankset is equally as light and matches the finishing kit on my bike (all FSA K Force light / WE) but is 4 arm in the asymmetrical style common with most Shimano cranks nowadays. I appreciate I will need to buy some more Q Rings to suit the 4 arm pattern but I can't find any information online to see if Q Rings are compatible with the FSA WE crankset, other than a 2015 chart from Rotor stating the the previous design 4 arm K Force Light crankset is compatible with the 110bcd Q Rings as specified for the Shimano cranks (Ultegra 6800 era). I do run a separate aero bike with 6800 4 arm cranks and and Absolute Black set of rings (same OCP3 principle as Q Rings) so I do have the option of trying these before buying new Q Rings but I would have to commit to the new crankset first at a significant cost risk.

Long winded question but hopefully someone has an answer or at least some experience......

Alfchef

Morning all,
I am just looking to upgrade my crankset from a relatively old FSA K Force Light 5 arm unit to the current FSA K Force WE unit.
The old crankset has served me really well but has finally succumbed to the dreaded debonding issue between the pedal insert and carbon crank arm. It has done the best part of 20,000km so can't complain....
I have been using Rotor Q rings for the last 6 years as I find them really good at smoothing my pedal stroke and keeping knee pain at bay. I know the jury is out on the mechanics and the science but hey they work for me.

The current FSA WE crankset is equally as light and matches the finishing kit on my bike (all FSA K Force light / WE) but is 4 arm in the asymmetrical style common with most Shimano cranks nowadays. I appreciate I will need to buy some more Q Rings to suit the 4 arm pattern but I can't find any information online to see if Q Rings are compatible with the FSA WE crankset, other than a 2015 chart from Rotor stating the the previous design 4 arm K Force Light crankset is compatible with the 110bcd Q Rings as specified for the Shimano cranks (Ultegra 6800 era). I do run a separate aero bike with 6800 4 arm cranks and and Absolute Black set of rings (same OCP3 principle as Q Rings) so I do have the option of trying these before buying new Q Rings but I would have to commit to the new crankset first at a significant cost risk.

Long winded question but hopefully someone has an answer or at least some experience......

Hi, I know it’s a while back now but did you get the Q rings on the 4 arm K force light? I’m in the same boat now but can find no answer!

Top Bottom