FSA saga

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Matthew Fox

Hello All,

I recently replaced my FSA BB-4000 (19mm) bottom bracket.

I am now looking to replace my cranks, however I have ran in a problem due to the FSA size being 19mm. I was looking at upgrading my FSA cranks to Shimano however not sure what is compatible. There has been quite a few threads I have seen but not been able to get my head around what is compatible with the FSA bottom bracket. What cranks can I get?

If there isn't a compatible cranks can I replace the BB with a shimano hollowtech II?

Please could someone help explain?

S-Express

You can replace the chainset/BB with any other system compatible with a 68mm BSA BB shell.

martint235

Dog on a bike
Hello All,

I recently replaced my FSA BB-4000 (19mm) bottom bracket.

I am now looking to replace my cranks, however I have ran in a problem due to the FSA size being 19mm. I was looking at upgrading my FSA cranks to Shimano however not sure what is compatible. There has been quite a few threads I have seen but not been able to get my head around what is compatible with the FSA bottom bracket. What cranks can I get?

If there isn't a compatible cranks can I replace the BB with a shimano hollowtech II?

Please could someone help explain?
Yes you can is the answer. I had a FSA crank on my Ti when I bought it. I was involved in a pile up which scuffed the lever hoods and made the FSA crank bend like plasticine. Switched straight away to Hollowtech II and a 105 crank with no issues at all.

Hollowtech II cranks are 24 mm so you'll need a BB with a 24mm diameter hole. I believe your bike will be BSA standard, so any threaded Hollowtech II BB with English threads will work.

Top Bottom