Fuerteventura cycle helmet laws, are there any?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CXRAndy

Guru
Must wear helmet in Canaries, fine if caught without one.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Would people really trust all previous hirers not to have damaged it and avoided reporting it to keep their deposit?

Would people hope that the negative effects which seem to counterbalance the protective effect in real world use don't apply if you don't trust it anyway?

Saves you getting a ticket !

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Saves you getting a ticket !
I'm not scared of the ticket itself but what's the associated punishment? I might regard it as worth paying to avoid what I perceive as increased risk (but discussing why I perceive that or whether or not it's a correct perception should probably happen in the ghetto).

ETA:
A fine of up to EUR90 can be imposed for not wearing a helmet.
but that's a few years old and may have changed.

Last edited:
OP
OP
I like Skol

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
50+ miles MTB today. Got driven past by locale policia but not even a second look.

In other news, this place is barren, harsh, windy, brutal, and did I mention windy!

Was fine on the way out but fought the headwind most of the way home. Will need to rethink tactics for the next ride

CXRAndy

Guru
That's why I prefer Tenerife . It does have windy parts of the island, but not everywhere. Gran Canaria is similar

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Prefer gran canaria....only been there 11 times, will be the 12th in september, after only returning from there on monday lol

Top Bottom