Fuji Allegro (huge frame)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ren531

Über Member
Just got this Fuji road bike , it is a massive 27 inch frame and was bought originally in New Orleans and brought over here when the owner moved back to the UK .
It's a really nice ride and a strange experience for me riding a bike that feels like it actually fits without modification.
Done some research and if I've understood it correctly it's a 1998 but if this were a British bike I would have said it was more likely late 80s early 90s by the components.
Suntour ARX mecs .
Sugino GP cranks .

IMG_20230614_203856.jpg

IMG_20230614_203856.jpg

27 inch wheels .
Dia Compe brakes .
IMG_20230614_203856.jpg

VALite 178 triple butted tubing .
Sansin hubs .
I know it's not top end stuff but it does have an air of quality about it.
Anyone with any expertise with Fuji bikes , could it it be as late 1998 , it has no black component's as a British bike would at that time.

Attachments

• IMG_20230625_201139.jpg
    IMG_20230625_201139.jpg
    217.5 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20230626_191647.jpg
    IMG_20230626_191647.jpg
    242.2 KB · Views: 2

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
that is a big frame! but my eyes are drawn to the wood. Is that your pile?

goldcoastjon

Congratulations on finding a bike that fits you. I'm sure that part of how "nice" the bike feels is in large part due to it being the right size for you. (I have problems finding bikes that fit on the opposite end of the spectrum, since my "ideal" frame is about 50 cm in the ST CTC and has a 54-55 cm CTC TT.) Have fun riding it!

D

Deleted member 1258

Just got this Fuji road bike , it is a massive 27 inch frame and was bought originally in New Orleans and brought over here when the owner moved back to the UK .
It's a really nice ride and a strange experience for me riding a bike that feels like it actually fits without modification.
Done some research and if I've understood it correctly it's a 1998 but if this were a British bike I would have said it was more likely late 80s early 90s by the components.
Suntour ARX mecs .
Sugino GP cranks .

View attachment 696669

View attachment 696669
27 inch wheels .
Dia Compe brakes .

View attachment 696669
VALite 178 triple butted tubing .
Sansin hubs .
I know it's not top end stuff but it does have an air of quality about it.
Anyone with any expertise with Fuji bikes , could it it be as late 1998 , it has no black component's as a British bike would at that time.

Blimey! If I tried to ride that I'd need a step ladder to get on and off it and my feet wouldn't reach the pedals, nice looking bike though.

OP
OP
ren531

ren531

Über Member
Blimey! If I tried to ride that I'd need a step ladder to get on and off it and my feet wouldn't reach the pedals, nice looking bike though.

I took the photo against a farm gate and it's like a pair of farm gates together.

OP
OP
ren531

ren531

Über Member
That'd be big for me, and I'm no shrinking violet.

I now have serious wood pile envy.

I don't usually notice the wood pile but it does make a good back drop for a photo. .
The chap I bought it off said lots had gone to look at it but no one could get on it let alone ride it , I felt quite at home on it , only ever seen over large frames like this that were high end custom builds and very rare , this is a stock catalogue bike built for the American market .

OP
OP
ren531

ren531

Über Member
Ah, I thought you'd be much taller. Probably perfect for me - I'm 6'4

I have a 37.5 inch inside leg , not sure if that is normal ratio against my total height
It seems a very nicely balanced ride, usually find road bikes with drops too twitchy but this is stable and nimble and comfortable. I had to raise the seat slightly from were the original owner had it .
I have some 25 inch framed bikes and if fitted with drops they never feel as nicely balanced.

Top Bottom