Fuji Allegro (huge frame)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
ren531

ren531

Über Member
Dad had an Allegro 1750 sport in harvest gold back in the day it's first trip was a family holiday to the south of France and back.

We had an Austin 1100 , a really nice roomy cumfortable car with some forward thinking design into it , shame about the build quality , the Allegro was the same they are quite collectable now .

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
That's some head tube. Even bigger than my Dawes (left below)
1688023507716.png

Drago

Legendary Member
Mine was a 1750HL, so the twin carb job with a mighty 90 horsepower. Being a Starskey and Hutch fan my beige Allaggro had a dark brown speed stripe up the sides and over the rear of the roof.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
A mate of mine worked for Jaguar as technical service rep.

His first company car was an Allegro, which he thrashed up and down the country for a couple of years with no bother at all.

His last company car (after a few promotions) was an XJS, in which he did the same.

I'm six-four with a 35 inside leg and think it might be a bit big for me. My Claud is 25.5" and is the bears porridge.

I have a 37.5 inch inside leg , not sure if that is normal ratio against my total height
It seems a very nicely balanced ride, usually find road bikes with drops too twitchy but this is stable and nimble and comfortable. I had to raise the seat slightly from were the original owner had it .
I have some 25 inch framed bikes and if fitted with drops they never feel as nicely balanced.
I’m 6’4” with a 31” inside leg (for bikes, it’s even shorter for trousers). I have been called the world’s tallest dwarf.

OP
OP
ren531

ren531

Über Member
I’m 6’4” with a 31” inside leg (for bikes, it’s even shorter for trousers). I have been called the world’s tallest dwarf.

It's no wonder some of us find it difficult to get bikes and clothes to fit correctly.
I have just measured my inside leg again to make sure I was accurate and it's more correctly 37 inch .

Top Bottom