Fulcrum 3 or ksyrium elite

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Thanks all

One last question, if I could afford to get the SL's, would there be much point over the elites for simply doing a few 40 mile weekend rides and sportifes?

jayonabike

Powered by caffeine & whisky
Thanks all

One last question, if I could afford to get the SL's, would there be much point over the elites for simply doing a few 40 mile weekend rides and sportifes?
I can only compare my SL's to the Fulcrum 3's, and yes I would say they were worth the extra £

smokeysmoo

Legendary Member
I had the SL's, and they're an awesome wheel.

BUT, you might want to consider the re-build costs when you need rims. My LBS won't do the SL's in store, he sends them to Mavic, (apparently they're a bugger to do). This means more downtime, (if no spare wheels), and also high cost. I was quoted approx. £200 for a new rim being done!

Although knowing you Gaz you won't have them long enough to consider needing new rims anyway :whistle::tongue:

Campag Neutron.

Just to give you even more of an unhelpful choice.

Whichever you choose (by which I mean the Campags) you'll love them.

You know I'm right, even though i have no idea what the question was.

No wonder our jails are so full!

jdtate101

Ex-Fatman
Or for a little bit more cash you could go for a set of Dura-Ace C24's. Very light and stiff, fantastic climbing wheels @ 1400g a pair. I picked up a secondhand set from a guy on CC here for £400 ish.

Crimmey

I've tried virtually everything out there and they are all much of a muchness except some are more of an expensive muchness :smile: If spending the extra will make you feel better and ride harder then why not. I've made that 'mistake' in the past and the effect wears off quite quickly. I'd recommend a wheelset with lots of spokes, should be ok with 24 front ( more if you get a really light rim) and 28/32 rear on a Stans/velocity/MavicOP/H+ rim. If you are buying with the thought of selling the wheelset at a later date then get your big name options as already suggested.

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
I've tried virtually everything out there and they are all much of a muchness except some are more of an expensive muchness :smile: If spending the extra will make you feel better and ride harder then why not. I've made that 'mistake' in the past and the effect wears off quite quickly. I'd recommend a wheelset with lots of spokes, should be ok with 24 front ( more if you get a really light rim) and 28/32 rear on a Stans/velocity/MavicOP/H+ rim. If you are buying with the thought of selling the wheelset at a later date then get your big name options as already suggested.
Cheers crimster, looks like the elites offer the best bang for buck and look sweeeeeet too, I had ksyrium Equipe on my madone and really had no complaints, so I guess it makes sense :biggrin:

Top Bottom