Fulcrum Racing 3 vs Easton EA 90 TT Aero

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SamN01

Hello all. This is in fact my very first post although I have been a member for quite a while now. I am a beginner cyclist but hoping to start on some club runs in the coming weeks with a view to getting my bike skills / speed up for my first triathlon next year.

I bought a Fuji Team Comp bike which comes with Shimano R500 wheels which I understand are not up to much. I would like to upgrade them and after a recent vist to my LBS I was adviced that I should perhaps go for some Fulcrum 3's. I know these are pretty well thought of but ideally I was hoping to get something just a little more aero. What do you guys thing of the Easton EA 90 TT wheels

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/cycle/7/Easton_EA90_TT_Aero_Road_Bike_Wheelset/5360036594/

Wiggle seem to be doing them for under £500. I want clinchers. Are there better wheels I could be spending my hard earned cash on do you think?

What would you go for the Fulcrums or Eastons or possibly something else????

Any advice appreciated. I am pretty new to all of this.

Edit - Sorry I should have said really I want to spend £350-500.

Sam

OP
OP
SamN01

SamN01

Anyone?

accountantpete

Brexiteer
Generally the lighter a wheel the better the performance - suggest you look at circa 700g front and sub 1000g rear.

At the same time you want strong rims and spokes to prevent flex and the occasional problems with the wheels going out of shape etc.

Finally you can go down the aero route to reduce drag-although personally I think you need deep rims (50mm) to gain any real benefit.

From my limited experience I'd save up for some Mavic Cosmic Carbones -reasonably light,bombproof and aero so that you can use them for any type of cycling.

Top Bottom