Full 20 mph city limit - a return to non drivers owning their town?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

snorri

Legendary Member
The future, we can only hope, is that we can all use the road responsibly and we won't need speed limits but...it is impossible to tell the right time for that to happen.
When control of the vehicle is taken out of the hands of the driver speed limits and all of the annoying paraphernalia, speed humps pinch points etc. can be discarded. Roll on the day.

snorri

Legendary Member
You are inviting the wrath of the riteous for talking common sense...

Snorri gives virtual double flash of headlights in direction of Linf to warn of unmarked vehicle in next layby on his left occupied by a couple of snooping spelling pedants.:smile:

Linford

2915820 said:
No one likes speed bumps. If only we could find a way to live without them.

Some people do = @User

We still live without them on many roads....their presence causes a lot of unnecessary erosion and repairs to the fabric of the road. I can live with the odd one in specific places like outside schools, but they are overkill where I live and cause more problems than they solve.

Linford

Do you drive a particulary flimsy car?

Get a 'proper' 4x4 and the job's a goodun ;)

In fact, they may become a real requirement for the regular roads before long. The water damage is going to show in the next few months on roads which appear to be OK now as the ground underneat them dries.

Linford

[QUOTE 2916272, member: 45"]Potholed roads can be safely driven in a normal car without damaging the vehicle, if you have the right skills.[/quote]

Tell that to the cyclist who went over the bars in front of me last night because they hit a pothole.
I safely drove that track for 2 years before the weld gave way. It was probably wekened by successive passes, and eventually succumbed to metal fatigue...regular cars are not designed to be driven reguarly over rough terrain..that is why proper 4x4's are heavy...thye are built fit for purpose.

Linford

[QUOTE 2916335, member: 45"]Trolling or dim? You tell me.[/quote]

Who the cyclist who rode into the pothole instead of around it ? I think that is very uncharitable of you if you feel that way :sad:

Top Bottom