Full Bike Sheds

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
palinurus said:
Where I work we don't have fairweather cyclists, same three or four all year round. Doesn't change at all when the weather is nice.

we have me and one other regular, with a couple of occarsionals at the mo. come winter, the gents' changing room will be my own private fiefdom, no doubt.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Tynan said:
crushed after a day locked up wouldn't you say?

Not quite that strict, but there are two Apollo clunkers that have been chained up since I started cycling two years ago and which have never moved. Flat tyres now and chains completely rusted. I contacted Property and security, asking if they'd put a message out asking the owners to remove them, and if not, said they should cut them free and donate them to the BikeStation charity to repair and sell. They said they'd take action - that was 6 months ago and nothing has been done.

They're going to send up so badly rusted that they'll need crushed soon !

historyman

gbb said:
With a large immigrant workforce, our racks are always well used anyway...and i NEVER park my bikes in there....

a) how many bikes do you ride to work on?
:ohmy: what is correlation between immigrant workforce and cycle usage?

Big increase in bikes were I work over the last couple of months, however, I think a big part of that was due to the introduction of parking charges. It will be interesting to see how many keep up the cycling into the winter months....

gbb

Legendary Member
historyman said:
a) how many bikes do you ride to work on?
:biggrin: what is correlation between immigrant workforce and cycle usage?

a) Only one at a time :ohmy:, but any one of three.
B) Most of the workforce is Polish or Lithuanian. Most of those ride bikes.....cheapest method of transport. And they know how to live cheap :ohmy:

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
BentMikey said:
Did you follow this up? IME this sort of thing needs chasing to make sure something happens.

I did and that time I wasn't even given a response. I'll have another go. It's another one of my bugbears along with the flooding in the underpass by Edinburgh Park Station. Two years now of back and forward communications between me, the Park owners, the council and Network Rail - and the thing is still flooded all year round.

PrettyboyTim

I no longer bother using the bike stands. I just park my bike just along from them held up by my twin-leg kickstand. As the carpark is underground with a secure lift to get in and out, I no longer bother locking it.

I used to park my bike along with the motorcycles, but they've started storing some stuff down there that has reduced the available space.

Tynan

Veteran
kickstand?

let alone twin leg!

PrettyboyTim

Tynan said:
kickstand?

let alone twin leg!

It's very useful when loading up the bike, especially when I'm putting my son in or out of the child seat.

Edit 1: Oh, and as mentioned above, it gives me more flexibility on where I can park my bike in the carpark at work ;-)

Edit 2: And it's very useful when working on the bike as it serves and a kind of built-in workstand.

Top Bottom