Full English breakfast at the CycleChat Cafe

Is that'a Full English or not?

• No of course it's not Full...

Votes: 57 91.9%
  • Meh, these are different times, it's considered Full English.

Votes: 5 8.1%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
I dare you to ask for their Full EU brekkie when they open:evil:.

Wouldn't that be the Continental breakfast? ^_^

theclaud

Openly Marxist
I was sent this by a cycling friend

View attachment 434948

I asked him "what's that thing on the right?"

Turns out it's a Yorkshire pudding with bacon cooked into it.

Now to me that sounds delicious and I've always been kinda flexible on what constitutes a "Full English". But what does the CC massive say?
No. But more importantly, it's a very poor fried egg and the bean placement is deplorable. And what's the weird scunge at 12 o'clock?

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
I'm happy to pay close to £10 for a great breakfast. Quality is the key. Farthingloe farm cafe. Fabulous breakfast. The largest is iirc, two very nice snags, a couple of bits of good bacon, eggs(your way) beans,tom,s mushrooms hash browns,(I usually find these a greasy mess but these are very good). Black pudding which i think is fried or deep fried but whatever, raises it up a level. A good thick slice of crispy fried bread and a goog slice of the same bread with butter as a mop up.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
No. But more importantly, it's a very poor fried egg and the bean placement is deplorable. And what's the weird scunge at 12 o'clock?
I think it's self service at Toby Carveries so bean placement (which I agree is insulting) is down to the purchaser. That weird stuff is scrambled egg, something I've never considered to be one of the foundations of the Full English

LCpl Boiled Egg

Three word soundbite
I know this is an old thread, but it's the best place to make people aware of this....

IKEA is selling a full English breakfast comprised of six items for just £1.

Except they're not...

"The six-piece breakfast includes one sausage, one rasher of bacon, one omelette, one hash brown, baked beans and half a grilled tomato."

I mean, the inclusion of beans is a contentious issue but an omelette? A HASH BROWN? What on earth?

D

Deleted member 26715

What on earth?
Ikea might be Earth but not as we know it Jim!

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
I know this is an old thread, but it's the best place to make people aware of this....

IKEA is selling a full English breakfast comprised of six items for just £1.

Except they're not...

"The six-piece breakfast includes one sausage, one rasher of bacon, one omelette, one hash brown, baked beans and half a grilled tomato."

I mean, the inclusion of beans is a contentious issue but an omelette? A HASH BROWN? What on earth?
So for £3 I can have three sausages, three rashers, three omelettes, three hash browns, a bucketload of beans and one and a half grilled toms (which they can keep anyway)?
It's almost worth buying some flatpack

Spoked Wheels

Legendary Member
Blimey, there's some confusion on this thread and no mistake.

The example @classic33 posted is a good start, but I'd tend to class that as more of a childs breakfast, or perhaps a light breakfast for someone who has been unwell and is on a restricted diet.

The eggs are wrong for a start - fried only on a FEB, with a runny yolk.
The tomatoes are also wrong and to be fair I'd expect better from a fellow northerner. ;) They should be tinned - preferably chopped, but plum is acceptable.
Beans are key component and should always be served on the plate, never in a ramekin as to do so would be a culinary crime in itself. Those of a less robust disposition can form a dam using the sausages which should be pork (unless in Scotland but then it wouldn't be a FEB) and number at least 2.
Bacon should also number a minimum of 2 rashers and be just the right side of crispy, but not overdone.
Mushrooms, preferably button, but flat is an acceptable substitution if down south or in 'spoons.
Black pudding is a must and the meal should be accompanied by fried or toasted white sliced bread - ideally Warburtons.
Hash browns are an acceptable addition for those with a more challenging appetite and for those seeking a little extra porcine something, a slice or two of fried spam provides a tasty and attractive garnish.
To ensure a healthy intake of essential minerals, the breakfast should be handsomely seasoned with table salt, and dressed to taste with brown sauce (preferably HP). Anyone seeking tomato ketchup should be directed to the childrens menu.

Finally, to slake the mighty thirst such a breakfast will inspire, a large mug of tea should accompany the meal.

^_^
Yeap that's my kind of FEB plus triangle shaped toats and without hash browns. ^_^

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
The IKEA offering would be considered a "small" breakfast anywhere else. This is stretching the full english title way too far. For a pound I'd give it a go, it would be enough to satisfy me until lunch.

Top Bottom