Full English breakfast at the CycleChat Cafe

Is that'a Full English or not?

• No of course it's not Full...

Votes: 57 91.9%
  • Meh, these are different times, it's considered Full English.

Votes: 5 8.1%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

C R

Guru
I was sent this by a cycling friend

View attachment 434948

I asked him "what's that thing on the right?"

Turns out it's a Yorkshire pudding with bacon cooked into it.

Now to me that sounds delicious and I've always been kinda flexible on what constitutes a "Full English". But what does the CC massive say?
It looks great, but somewhat spoiled by the presence of veg on the plate, that tilts the healthy scales the wrong way :tongue:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Looks tasty, but more of a brunch item rather then brekkie.

stephec

Legendary Member
When we visit Edinburgh to see daughter at Uni,we have been using Premier Inn's they do a superb continental brekkie,but our favourite and most stayted at is The Braids Hill Hotel,it's all the lot,scrambled egg beans AND HAGGIS i love it followed by the cold foods,it's a great brekkie.
I used to stop at the Braids Hill whenever I worked up that way, it's been a few years now though, always a lovely breakfast

Jenkins

Legendary Member
I was sent this by a cycling friend

View attachment 434948

I asked him "what's that thing on the right?"

Turns out it's a Yorkshire pudding with bacon cooked into it.

Now to me that sounds delicious and I've always been kinda flexible on what constitutes a "Full English". But what does the CC massive say?
Looks like a Toby Carvery breakfast - the Yorkshire pudding also has roasted onion aas well as the bacon. They also do something described as "Breakfast Gravy" to go with it!

https://www.tobycarvery.co.uk/breakfastmenu

OP
OP
mustang1

mustang1

Guru
In this transgender times, if they identify it as a full English, then it must be accepted as a full English - its their right of self determination.

I identify with Prime Minister but upon my arrival at 10 Downing Street, I was not allowed to go in. Shurgs.

subaqua

What’s the point
When we visit Edinburgh to see daughter at Uni,we have been using Premier Inn's they do a superb continental brekkie,but our favourite and most stayted at is The Braids Hill Hotel,it's all the lot,scrambled egg beans AND HAGGIS i love it followed by the cold foods,it's a great brekkie.

When I was working in Peterhead , I stopped at Buchan Braes hotel ( the old officers mess of RAF Buchan at Boddam ) they had haggis on the breakfast menu . I was so happy .

Last edited:

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Had a large full English this morning at a cafe I've not been to before...

2x sausages, 2x bacon, tinned chopped tomatoes, mushrooms, a single fried egg and one slice of toast.

And that was it. No beans, no hash browns, no black pudding. Yet they had the cheek to call it ''large'?

We won't be going there again.

Spoons cannot open their new branch soon enough.

Last edited:

LCpl Boiled Egg

Three word soundbite

2x sausages, 2x bacon, tinned chopped tomatoes, mushrooms, a single fried egg and one slice of toast.

And that was it. No beans, no hash browns, no black pudding. Yet they had the cheek to call it ''large'

If there are two sausages and two rashers, there should be two eggs, and two slices of toast, that's common sense. Beans should be standard on any size of brekkie and black pudding an optional extra.

God, I sound like Alan Partridge.

classic33

Leg End Member

And that was it. No beans, no hash browns, no black pudding. Yet they had the cheek to call it ''large'?

Anywhere near the City Centre?

nickyboy

Norven Mankey

Son #1 helps at a volunteers cafe in Gamesley near Glossop. So I have the pleasure of taking him every Friday

So every Friday I have their Full English. It's very similar...1 sausage, 3 bacon, 1 egg, beans, mushrooms, tinned toms, 1 round of toast.

I will forgive them as it comes at the knockout price of £2.90

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Son #1 helps at a volunteers cafe in Gamesley near Glossop. So I have the pleasure of taking him every Friday

So every Friday I have their Full English. It's very similar...1 sausage, 3 bacon, 1 egg, beans, mushrooms, tinned toms, 1 round of toast.

I will forgive them as it comes at the knockout price of £2.90

That's fair enough at that price, the one I got was knocking on the door of a fiver - plus extra for the coffee!

Top Bottom