Full English breakfast at the CycleChat Cafe

Is that'a Full English or not?

• No of course it's not Full...

Votes: 57 91.9%
  • Meh, these are different times, it's considered Full English.

Votes: 5 8.1%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Ah, the Partridge mark!

Poached... actually.

However the one I've just chomped down did have scrambled eggs instead of poached as they were to old and runny to poach properly.

My illustration...
View attachment 431549
The eggs should be on the bread, not the plate. Beans are optional and should be kept well way from the egg. Grilled tomatoes and hash browns should be in the bin, where they belong (or on a vege/vegan breakfast). Button mushrooms must have an obscene amount of coarsely ground black pepper... and since taking this photo, I've begun putting a couple of slices of grilled haloumi on.
Cutting that out to eat it.

D

Deleted member 1258

I've always said it 'ketchup's for kids' :okay:

Ketchup's for fish and chips :hungry:

subaqua

What’s the point
Dear Lord Snooty,

Ones breakfast sauces should only and ever be coloured red, brown, both or neither. And never ever be yellow, not even speckled yellow.

I hope that helps clarifies ones breaking of the fast.

Sincerely,

An Oik

Dear Oik,

One should never sully the finest ingredie nts with sauce of any colour , hence beans being an abomination ..

If it needs sauce its not good enough. even a Maccy dees doesnt put sauce on ..... and they put cheese on breakfast FFS

Yours,

a worse Oik ...

FB_IMG_1537898132306.jpg

Kajjal

Guru
Our local farm has a Café does a huge full English with proper bacon that doesn't shrink or have a strange white residue on it once cooked. Also they have real good quality coffee.

It comes with , Toast, Fried Bread, fried eggs, fried potatoes, bacon, sausage, black pudding, beans, tomato and mushrooms. After one of those you are lucky you can walk let alone cycle :stop:

kapelmuur

Veteran
In ‘The Golden Age of Cycling 1924-33’ Mr C. J. Pope makes the wise observation that “no Englishman’s breakfast is complete without marmalade”.

subaqua

What’s the point
Oy oy Savaloy!! (adaptable me)....

Ya dont wanna be putting any sauce on ya Godforsaken, agreed, but, beans are OK. However if you go puttin my beans in in any of them rammakin things, then I'd say "Oy no! Take my beans out of your poncy pots and leave them free to roam with the other morsels on my plate you nonce"

Now f*ck off you daffofil.

Mmmm Saveloy . battered and deep fried.

LCpl Boiled Egg

Three word soundbite
In ‘The Golden Age of Cycling 1924-33’ Mr C. J. Pope makes the wise observation that “no Englishman’s breakfast is complete without marmalade”.

Absolutely. Marmalade on toast at the end of the Full English. Just make sure you order enough - a slice to go under the beans, another for a bacon sandwich to finish off the main meal (using the toast to mop up the egg and bean juice as you go) and another slice or two with marmalade to finsh.

You can always leave off the hash browns if you don't think you've got the room. They're best left off anyway.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
I get two or three hotel breakfasts a week. Full English is rarely advisable. I used to ask for poached eggs but they were only done properly 1 time in 5 so now I just have toast and coffee - it's rare for that to be good either :sad:

Hugh Manatee

Veteran
I get two or three hotel breakfasts a week. Full English is rarely advisable. I used to ask for poached eggs but they were only done properly 1 time in 5 so now I just have toast and coffee - it's rare for that to be good either :sad:

Less often for me in hotels but I know what you mean. Those industrial roller toaster things. You put your slices of bread in the front and what drops out is either slightly warm bread or looks like it has been cooked with napalm.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Eating beans and sausages at breakfast time is barbaric. I'll happily eat the rest of it though, black pudding included. Not too much fried bread please, unless there's lots of egg yolk....:hungry:

Top Bottom