Full English breakfast at the CycleChat Cafe

Is that'a Full English or not?

• No of course it's not Full...

Votes: 57 91.9%
  • Meh, these are different times, it's considered Full English.

Votes: 5 8.1%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stephec

Legendary Member
So do I, but not when they're soft /soggy.
I'm gutted they stopped serving the big breakfast too.

That's how they always are aren't they, surely they're trained to make them like that

Have they, how long ago, sure that was the last thing I tried to consume from there

I must have been lucky, most of the time they've been nice and crunchy.

I used to like the big breakfast, my occasional dirty treat, and got the same surprise a while back as well.

Although if the trades description act was ever brought into play they'd have to drop 'big' from the title.

Does she give it a good rub down with kitchen towel to get rid of the fat, leaving it nice and crunchy?

I don't know, she usually mutters something along the lines of me losing parts of my anatomy if I don't vacate the kitchen when shes cooking

pawl

Legendary Member
You are missing black pudding, and way too many beans in there.
You are missing black pudding, and way too many beans in there.

I was in Lanzarote on holiday and visited an Irish cafe .We ordered a full Irish breakfast.It included all the usual ingredients.except it included white pudding,My BIL As,ed the waitress what the difference was between black pudding and the Irish white white.Response was one is black the Irish white.Simples. Not sure if the ingredients are different Tasted good.

classic33

Leg End Member
I was in Lanzarote on holiday and visited an Irish cafe .We ordered a full Irish breakfast.It included all the usual ingredients.except it included white pudding,My BIL As,ed the waitress what the difference was between black pudding and the Irish white white.Response was one is black the Irish white.Simples. Not sure if the ingredients are different Tasted good.
Should have had both on.

Gasman

Old enough to know better, too old to care!
Can't beat a full Scottish Breakfast; bacon, sliced Lorne sausage, black pudding, fruit pudding, fried potato scones, fried eggs, sliced haggis. Mushrooms, beans, hash browns optional.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Blimey, there's some confusion on this thread and no mistake.

The example @classic33 posted is a good start, but I'd tend to class that as more of a childs breakfast, or perhaps a light breakfast for someone who has been unwell and is on a restricted diet.

The eggs are wrong for a start - fried only on a FEB, with a runny yolk.
The tomatoes are also wrong and to be fair I'd expect better from a fellow northerner. ;) They should be tinned - preferably chopped, but plum is acceptable.
Beans are key component and should always be served on the plate, never in a ramekin as to do so would be a culinary crime in itself. Those of a less robust disposition can form a dam using the sausages which should be pork (unless in Scotland but then it wouldn't be a FEB) and number at least 2.
Bacon should also number a minimum of 2 rashers and be just the right side of crispy, but not overdone.
Mushrooms, preferably button, but flat is an acceptable substitution if down south or in 'spoons.
Black pudding is a must and the meal should be accompanied by fried or toasted white sliced bread - ideally Warburtons.
Hash browns are an acceptable addition for those with a more challenging appetite and for those seeking a little extra porcine something, a slice or two of fried spam provides a tasty and attractive garnish.
To ensure a healthy intake of essential minerals, the breakfast should be handsomely seasoned with table salt, and dressed to taste with brown sauce (preferably HP). Anyone seeking tomato ketchup should be directed to the childrens menu.

Finally, to slake the mighty thirst such a breakfast will inspire, a large mug of tea should accompany the meal.

^_^

Last edited:

classic33

Leg End Member
All you need is where the nearest defibrillator is.
The scrambled eggs on the earlier picture was the healthy option.

U

User169

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
That's not a good illustration of a Full English.
The sausage should be used as a breakwater between the beans and egg.
Ah, the Partridge mark!
And hold on, scrambled egg? On a Full English? No No No. It has to be fried eggs.
Poached... actually.

However the one I've just chomped down did have scrambled eggs instead of poached as they were to old and runny to poach properly.

My illustration...
2015-01-31 18.39.00.jpg

The eggs should be on the bread, not the plate. Beans are optional and should be kept well way from the egg. Grilled tomatoes and hash browns should be in the bin, where they belong (or on a vege/vegan breakfast). Button mushrooms must have an obscene amount of coarsely ground black pepper... and since taking this photo, I've begun putting a couple of slices of grilled haloumi on.

Last edited:
Top Bottom