Full size Bounty fears

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
In "The Big House" ?
I was in there maybe 18 months ago.....it has not worn well.

It went through phases

it was rather down-at-heel for a while
At one point someone spent loads of money on it and converted it into a weird restaurant with lots of small huts with one or two tables in each

must have been a nightmare for the waiters/esses!

I seem to remember that it was a sort of Bernie Inn type place

then that went bust

then it was empty for ages until a Chinese restaurant opened up - upstairs only I think

Never went there much actually - mostly the Plough (which was a bit rough in looks at least) and the one round teh back - can;t remember the name
When I lost contact with that group I went more to the Railway in Meols and some pubs in West Kirby

Dave7

Legendary Member
It went through phases

it was rather down-at-heel for a while
At one point someone spent loads of money on it and converted it into a weird restaurant with lots of small huts with one or two tables in each

must have been a nightmare for the waiters/esses!

I seem to remember that it was a sort of Bernie Inn type place

then that went bust

then it was empty for ages until a Chinese restaurant opened up - upstairs only I think

Never went there much actually - mostly the Plough (which was a bit rough in looks at least) and the one round teh back - can;t remember the name
When I lost contact with that group I went more to the Railway in Meols and some pubs in West Kirby

I knew the Railway but none in West Kirby.
Before Covid struck I used to take my bike to New Brighton and cycle past Meols, West Kirby and on towards Chester.....a good 70 miles when I included Seacombe.

dicko

Guru
Dad was an RAF pilot and were allocated bars of chocolate as flying rations. Dad didn’t eat his but once a month he would bring home loads of Bounty’s, Mars bars, Cadbury chocolate bars and Aeros, my favourite. We didn’t get fat we were service man’s children with plenty of sports kit and swimming pools for us all to enjoy when we felt like it.

Slick

Guru
Don't worry, my wife already provides that service for the good of the household! Also anything coffee flavoured - which is odd because she doesn't like the drink, but is very happy to eat coffee flavoured sweets, coffee cake, etc.

I'm in the same boat, love coffee sweets and even the smell of the drink, but can't stand the stuff. :wacko:

Top Bottom