Full size Bounty fears

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
DOn't forget Daily Milk
Smaller than before
plus they sneakily "improved" the look of then by making the tops of the chunks curved
real reason was that it uses less chocolate per chunk

Sometimes I don't know how marketing people sleep at night

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
I ruddy love a Bounty - on the rare occasion I buy a chocolate bar, it's always a Bounty. Funny, because as a kid i hated them and they were always left behind in the christmas tub.

I think the full size bar is nicer because the coconut is more moist

steverob

Guru
Curly Wurly.......Aztec - them were the days.
Curly Wurlys are still available. Smaller than they used to be but they're definitely around - had one only a week or so ago.

DOn't forget Daily Milk
Smaller than before
plus they sneakily "improved" the look of then by making the tops of the chunks curved
real reason was that it uses less chocolate per chunk
I stopped buying Dairy Milk a few years back when they altered the recipe (not long after Cadbury's were merged with Kraft). At first I thought I'd bought a bar that was "off" but then when my next two purchases also tasted the same way, I looked it up online and found that there'd been secret changes, I decided I wasn't going to buy them any more.

But back on topic (another bar that disappeared that I miss)... Bountys (and indeed anything coconutty) are the work of the devil and should be destroyed on sight.

steverob

Guru
I offer a bespoke destruction service - just send them to be and I will ensure total destruction

I even offer discount rate to CC members!
Don't worry, my wife already provides that service for the good of the household! Also anything coffee flavoured - which is odd because she doesn't like the drink, but is very happy to eat coffee flavoured sweets, coffee cake, etc.

Currently my choccy intake comes from IKEA, which I visit regularly as it's part of a shopping mall we frequent. They do 3 different 100g bars - milk, plain and one with nuts in. Must say, they are delicious, on a par with Cadbury's, at least to my taste buds. I used to always bring over tubs of Celebrations from my UK visits, but not any more.

Good to hear Curly Wurly bars are still alive and kicking, but I value my teeth too much these days to tackle one.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Several points.
•possibly my taste buds changing but I find Bounty way too sickly nowadays.
•in 1968 I worked in the Cadbury (Moreton) factory where we produced Curly Wurly
•TBH I don't eat much in the way of sweet stuff but imo Aldi chocolate bars are much better than Cadbury stuff.
•I prefer Crunchy bars to others when I do want sweet stuff.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I used to live near that place - knew people who worked there as well

WIth the wind in the right direction we could smell the chocolate all over the house if the windows were open!

Oh yes......I well remember going to the barbers straight after work and him saying "you work at Cadburys then".
May I ask where you lived ?

Oh yes......I well remember going to the barbers straight after work and him saying "you work at Cadburys then".
May I ask where you lived ?

My Dad was a Chiropodist in Moreton - we lived in the first house as you left the big roundabout heading for Upton
i.e. opposite the church
It has been a Vets for many years now

That roundabout was a nightmare for everyone at school when they were learning to drive
They would come in and say in a quiet voice "my instructor says he will take be round Moreton Roundabout next time"
to me it was just normal - I went round it most days during school holidays and weekends - went round it much faster on my bike that
a) I should have
b) I did in a car!

Dave7

Legendary Member
My Dad was a Chiropodist in Moreton - we lived in the first house as you left the big roundabout heading for Upton
i.e. opposite the church
It has been a Vets for many years now

That roundabout was a nightmare for everyone at school when they were learning to drive
They would come in and say in a quiet voice "my instructor says he will take be round Moreton Roundabout next time"
to me it was just normal - I went round it most days during school holidays and weekends - went round it much faster on my bike that
a) I should have
b) I did in a car!

I know it very well.
I lived maybe 1/2 mile from there for a few years. Near the Clipper pub.

Top Bottom