Full Team Kit *kers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Adam4868

Guru
Of course........ :eek:
No good for you then @mjr ?

It was actually something of a joke. Obviously not a very good one as it has either fallen completely flat or whooshed over everyone's heads.

It goes something like this. "If you're the kind of person who bellyaches about other people wearing pro kit, think twice, because the object of your scorn may one day go on to lead the Tour de France. This is illustrated by this picture of Primož Roglič in his youth wearing Française des Jeux kit, despite the fact that he was not a professional rider contracted to FdJ at the time. This should give you pause before you criticise others for their choice of kit."

Explaining a joke is like dissecting a frog ...
Of course, a shorter version - which I think is pretty clear to anyone that follows pro bike-racing - is:
Next time you feel the urge to make fun of someone for wearing Pro Team kit remember that this guy in leading the Tour de France

But thankyou for the Cliffes Notes version, Mr Trousers, might be useful to someone!

Drago

Legendary Member
It was actually something of a joke. Obviously not a very good one as it has either fallen completely flat or whooshed over everyone's heads.

It goes something like this. "If you're the kind of person who bellyaches about other people wearing pro kit, think twice, because the object of your scorn may one day go on to lead the Tour de France. This is illustrated by this picture of Primož Roglič in his youth wearing Française des Jeux kit, despite the fact that he was not a professional rider contracted to FdJ at the time. This should give you pause before you criticise others for their choice of kit."

Explaining a joke is like dissecting a frog ...
It was as funny as a chronic dose of Nurembergs.

Full matching kit, plastic bike, plastic hat are known as ‘cyclew*nkers’ in our house.
It’s a long story....
I assume by 'plastic bike' you mean Carbon and plastic hat you mean?
So in your 'house' unless you ride a steel, alloy or titanium bike your a w*nker?

Why would that be as a matter of interest?

A strange retort ?

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Full matching kit, plastic bike, plastic hat are known as ‘cyclew*nkers’ in our house.
It’s a long story....
I got called a pedalfile by a mate :laugh:

Mr Celine

Discordian
I absolutely refuse any garment with adverts on it If they want me to dress up like a mobile bill board then my fees for advertising are very high Two exceptions my visit Yorkshire top and a charity top that the company may wife worked for had made in memory of a colleague and close friend who died of breast cancer aged thirty six

This is what you need -

A cycling jersey with no advertising and lots of punctuation marks.

;)

Jenkins

Legendary Member
You can get some cracking quality kit if you buy last years team stock. I've had Castelli Giordana and Nalini bib shorts at a fraction of the cost of plain clothing simply because it was out of date team issue.
I've got quite a few team replica jerseys picked up as clearance at the price you couldn't get a plain top for - Castelli (Sky) jersey for around £35 for example. The image is usually ruined by being teamed with whatever Sportful or DHB shorts are top of the ready to wear pile - or quite often a pair of Hummvee baggies.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I assume by 'plastic bike' you mean Carbon and plastic hat you mean?
So in your 'house' unless you ride a steel, alloy or titanium bike your a w*nker?

Why would that be as a matter of interest?

A strange retort ?
Plastic hat is of course a helmet.
Anybody on a bicycle that doesn’t fit that description is not a cyclewanker....

AuroraSaab

Veteran
Tredz, Wiggle, and Chain Reaction had some reduced last time I was looking. If they were cheap enough, I'd buy one. I quite like stuff with advertising on, especially vintage ads and the design of some of the team jerseys is very cool. Some of the retro knock offs on ebay look good too, though probably poor quality.

You shouldn't give a toss what anyone else thinks about your clothes. It's just the snobiness of looking down on people and saying they have 'All the gear but no idea'.

Last edited:
Top Bottom