Full Team Kit *kers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
The Velominati rules are just an elaborate troll, as far as I can tell.
Yes, but I think you have to know a lot about cycling to get the subtleties, which is one of the jokes.

coldash

Veteran
I absolutely refuse to wear Full Team kit and will only relent when Aldi or Lidl do them and then I guess the Lidl stuff would be DQS. Until then it’s Aldi / Lidl kit for me (and has been for the past 12 years)

Drago

Legendary Member
That tweet makes no sense. Why should anyone be aggrieved because a professional cyclist and team member goes for a ride wearing full team kit?

As for the rest of it, I think it is odd and i myself don't wear full team kit, or go for a drive wearing a nomex race suit, or go to a night club dressed as John Travolta, but if someone else wants to do so then they can go nuts for all I care. Too many people with sad, shallow lives, who should spend more time enriching their own existence instead of sticking their nose into someone elses business.

coldash

Veteran
I have had some good kit from Aldi, but they started putting pointless slogans on their shirts which of course I didn't buy.
Just to confirm how tight I am, all of my Aldi kit predates the slogan stuff. The bib shorts I got a few years ago have been great

Adam4868

Guru
I wouldn't be seen dead on a bike without a full team kit...only last week I was getting ready and my only clean socks didn't match my kit.What to be done,wash and wait to dry.Only then could I "enjoy my ride"
I'm sure the tweet was in jest...lighten up !

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I got the picture as I didn't know who he was so assumed he was doing rather well - not been following pro-tour for a while TBH.

And he was smashing the cross bike behind him, and was on lowly suntour forks.

PS Sagan was a mountain biker - blurgh ! 👅 And a good one.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I loved my Raleigh top - I rode a Raleigh Road Ace. Next favourite top was a white and blue one - the main sponsor was actually a concrete manufaturer Fassa Bortolo - loved that top. Didn't bother with full kit as couldn't afford it all - black shorts/bibs.

Top Bottom