Full Team Kit *kers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
The Velominati rules are just an elaborate troll, as far as I can tell.
Yes, but I think you have to know a lot about cycling to get the subtleties, which is one of the jokes.

coldash

Veteran
I absolutely refuse to wear Full Team kit and will only relent when Aldi or Lidl do them and then I guess the Lidl stuff would be DQS. Until then it’s Aldi / Lidl kit for me (and has been for the past 12 years)

Drago

Legendary Member
That tweet makes no sense. Why should anyone be aggrieved because a professional cyclist and team member goes for a ride wearing full team kit?

As for the rest of it, I think it is odd and i myself don't wear full team kit, or go for a drive wearing a nomex race suit, or go to a night club dressed as John Travolta, but if someone else wants to do so then they can go nuts for all I care. Too many people with sad, shallow lives, who should spend more time enriching their own existence instead of sticking their nose into someone elses business.

coldash

Veteran
I have had some good kit from Aldi, but they started putting pointless slogans on their shirts which of course I didn't buy.
Just to confirm how tight I am, all of my Aldi kit predates the slogan stuff. The bib shorts I got a few years ago have been great

Adam4868

Guru
I wouldn't be seen dead on a bike without a full team kit...only last week I was getting ready and my only clean socks didn't match my kit.What to be done,wash and wait to dry.Only then could I "enjoy my ride"
I'm sure the tweet was in jest...lighten up !

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I got the picture as I didn't know who he was so assumed he was doing rather well - not been following pro-tour for a while TBH.

And he was smashing the cross bike behind him, and was on lowly suntour forks.

PS Sagan was a mountain biker - blurgh ! 👅 And a good one.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I loved my Raleigh top - I rode a Raleigh Road Ace. Next favourite top was a white and blue one - the main sponsor was actually a concrete manufaturer Fassa Bortolo - loved that top. Didn't bother with full kit as couldn't afford it all - black shorts/bibs.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
You can get some cracking quality kit if you buy last years team stock. I've had Castelli Giordana and Nalini bib shorts at a fraction of the cost of plain clothing simply because it was out of date team issue.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I got the picture as I didn't know who he was so assumed he was doing rather well - not been following pro-tour for a while TBH.
Clearly. The ProTour ended in 2010. It then merged with the UCI World Ranking to form the current UCI World Tour.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
You can get some cracking quality kit if you buy last years team stock. I've had Castelli Giordana and Nalini bib shorts at a fraction of the cost of plain clothing simply because it was out of date team issue.
Unused?

Top Bottom