Fun Guy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User169

Ho! You must mean this one:
http://www.express.c...f-its-mushrooms
No doubt spiced up with tales of GAY IMMIGRANT SANDAL-WEARING MUSLIM VEGETARIAN BEARDED CYCLIST TRAVELLERS nicking all our precious mushies....

Interestingly, the person in the photo appears to be picking Paxillus. Which are poisonous...

That's the one! There is an interesting snippet in there that Switzerland has banned wild foraging.

That's the one! There is an interesting snippet in there that Switzerland has banned wild foraging.
I believe (correct me if I'm wrong!) that in Switzerland you can get (buy?) a licence from the local authorities. And I also read somewhere, that the licensing was originally dreamt up as a nanny-state scheme to protect the Swiss public from poisoning themselves. :ohmy:

OP
OP
twentysix by twentyfive

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Well the cold frostiness seems to have done for my Lactarius deterrimus. There was a new Russella popping up so I thought I'd try the spore print. So far (some 2 hours or so later) nothing. Have I done something wrong? Does the 'shroom need to be "old enough" ?

Well the cold frostiness seems to have done for my Lactarius deterrimus. There was a new Russella popping up so I thought I'd try the spore print. So far (some 2 hours or so later) nothing. Have I done something wrong? Does the 'shroom need to be "old enough" ?
Errrr... did I say a white card? Most Russulas have white spores. :blush:! Try again with a different colour card - sorry!

OP
OP
twentysix by twentyfive

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Ah - OK. Overnight however I did get a spore print. Creamy white print which was a slightly different white to the card. So I've learned my lessons - Patience and correct card colour. :biggrin:

Philip's Book has now arrived. Crumbs - a lot to look at/read/learn. :becool: :biggrin:

Top Bottom