Fun Guy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
I'm hopeless at identifying fungi :reading: . Can any one help? I have 3 here I think and they are all growing in my lawn grass at the moment. Are any of them good to eat :hungry: ???? Without the slug of course xx(

Attachments

• PA160218.JPG
    PA160218.JPG
    219.7 KB · Views: 36
  • PA160219.JPG
    PA160219.JPG
    190.8 KB · Views: 48
  • PA160220.JPG
    PA160220.JPG
    268.4 KB · Views: 50
  • PA160221.JPG
    PA160221.JPG
    255.1 KB · Views: 78
  • PA160222.JPG
    PA160222.JPG
    241.4 KB · Views: 77
  • PA160223.JPG
    PA160223.JPG
    267.8 KB · Views: 46
  • PA160224.JPG
    PA160224.JPG
    220.1 KB · Views: 38
  • PA160225.JPG
    PA160225.JPG
    192.6 KB · Views: 33
  • PA160226.JPG
    PA160226.JPG
    243.4 KB · Views: 25

surfdude

Veteran
they look magic

1. fungus.
2. fungus.
3. fungus.
4. fungus.
5. fungus.
6. fungus.
:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Actually, to be a bit more seriousl :whistle:
The bottom four look like Russula vesca which, if I've got that right, would be edible in theory, but I wouldn't, myself: far too easily confused with poisonous ones.
The top row I'm not sure, maybe more Russula or Lactarius, maybe a type of Clitocybe, others maybe Hebeloma or Entoloma. Whatever, may be poisonous: avoid!

Perhaps someone else can do better. Try Rogers Mushrooms site.

Now for a bonus point: who can give me the correct pronunciation of Clitocybe? :rolleyes:

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Funnily enough I was admiring some fly agarics this afternoon. In my youth I once attended a party where nearly everyone present had eaten or smoked some fly agaric mushrooms. It was the most bizarre spectacle masquerading as a party that I've ever witnessed. Folk were leaping around and bouncing off walls believing that they could fly. I left after a few minutes with my beer and gate crashed a party nearby which was more down to earth in every sense of the word.

I sometimes wonder if the toxic label is used to dissuade folk from sampling the hallucinogenic pleasures of some of the members of the fungi family.

We were walking through Ashdown Forest a couple of weeks ago, bearing our basket of assorted goodies (some ceps, hedgehog fungi, etc. etc.) and towards us came a young couple. Upon catching sight of us, the woman nervously concealed what she was carrying behind her back. A large fly agaric. I wonder why? Afraid we might tip off the narcotics squad? Whatever, there were A. muscaria growing in abundance around that part of the woods. She could have simply chucked it, and then picked another when we were safely gone....

I don't recommend it. More likely to make you exceedingly ill, than to give you any sort of high. And if you pick the wrong ones, you're dead meat.

surfdude

Veteran
are you worth lots of money . if so write me in your will then have a munch on a few and find out that way if they will kill you :biggrin: .

Top Bottom