Funeral music

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
I don't care I'll be up with God........that's if St Peter let's me in :angel:

PS my funeral is all ready paid for :smile: so no worried for the next of kin

Arch

Married to Night Train
What music/song would you choose for your exit at your funeral? Sorry if this is a bit morbid but hey we'll all be there one day.

Not morbid, no. I think it's a very good thing. Having had to arrange the order of service for a friend's funeral, it was a great comfort to have a list of the music he wanted, to choose from - the only problem was that the length of the crematorium service meant we couldn't have it all - but then some of it wouldn't have been entirely right for the circumstances, so we opted not to include it.

I would suggest that anyone who has any wish for their funeral discusses it with whoever is likely to be making the arrangements, to make it easier for them. Trying to guess what someone would have wanted can be very difficult and stressful, even when they are someone you know intimately.

Sadly, we never know when that information will be needed.

Lee_M

Guru
"dancing on your grave" by motorhead if I get buried
"fire" by The crazy world of Arthur Brown if I get cremated

Or if I leave my body to science and I only have a remembrance service

"where did he go" by Keri Hilson

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Burnin' Love by Elvis Presley !

I've let all concerned know, that in the event of my death, my lifelong non-interest in music is to continue up to the end of the funeral, if they need something to cover the sound of a squeaky crematorium conveyor, they may either play the song of a skylark, or if that isn't loud enough, a steam train climbing through my home station.

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyjRw86mt7Y

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I've let all concerned know, that in the event of my death, my lifelong non-interest in music is to continue up to the end of the funeral, if they need something to cover the sound of a squeaky crematorium conveyor, they may either play the song of a skylark, or if that isn't loud enough, a steam train climbing through my home station.

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyjRw86mt7Y

That's unusual i've never heard of anyone not liking even one piece/bit of music before, and considering that you're location address is a song title as well!:thumbsup: .

Top Bottom