Funn Mamba One-Sided SPD Platform Pedals or DH Platform Pedals for Bicycle Touring?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RollingNoMad

Funn Mamba One-Sided SPD Platform Pedals or DH Platform Pedals for Bicycle Touring?

I am Re-Thinking about Clipless Pedals for Bicycle Touring

Feedback is helpful and Appreciated

I have to ask a question about SPD Clipless Pedals before I order from Chain reaction cycles/Wiggle from United States of America. And It would cost a lot of money to Ship back to Chain reaction cycles. And I really don't like Shimano Clipless SPD Pedals when Fully Loaded Touring Bicycle and Walking around when I could not able to get up a hill with my Surly LHT 26 52 cm 2008 Touring Bicycle and To me that I am Living on a Fixed income. And some of the Clipless SPD Shoes was to big for my feet. And Maybe that I am so use to using DH/BMX Platform Flat Pedals for my Bicycle Touring Trips and Stealth Bicycle Camping Trips in California, Oregon and Arizona USA. and I am also looking at the Funn Mamba One Side Clip MTB Pedals from chain reaction cycles but $167.49USD to the USA in Oceanside, CA and I will look on Amazon for Funn Mamba One Side Clip MTB Pedals to see if is cheaper it is $110.00+Free Shipping and I really Like the Funn Mamba One Side Clip MTB Pedal is Cleat: Funn PD-13-CL or SPD compatible. and I am going to be using the Shimano SH-56 Multi-Release cleats with Shimano XM7 Gore-Tex SPD Clipless Shoes is $200.00USD. and I did find the Funn Mamba One Side Clip MTB Pedals from Wiggle(dot)com in the England for $91.49+Free Shipping to Oceanside, CA but my BofA has a Fee of $5.00
https://singletrackworld.com/2017/04/first-look-funn-mamba-spd-platform-pedals/

https://www.singaporemtb.com/tested-funn-mamba-single-side-clipless-pedals/
600x600-106075_15069533860305.jpg

DSC06617.jpg

I have been reading a few Reviews on the Funn Mamba one-sided SPD DH Platform Pedals

I really like the DMR Vault Brendog signature DH Platform Pedals for Bicycle Touring and This is one of the DH Platform Pedals that I have been looking at for about 2 years and I am using the Sun Ringle zuzu DH platform Pedals for Bicycle Touring Trips in Southern California and Arizona with Merrell Moab mid Gore-Tex Boots. And the DMR Vault Brendog signature DH Platform Pedals is 105mm X 115mm and it is $119.99 at Wiggle.com/ and free shipping to Riverside, California USA

View: https://youtu.be/ExI_SGSWAjo

large_67420.jpg

This Is the Hiking Boots that I am going to be using Oboz Bridger BDry Hiking Boots is $175.99 US Dollars and The Shimano XM7 Gore-Tex SPD Shoes is $200.00 US Dollars
09175740-0359-4c84-88a7-0e2636081639.jpeg

498573ae-efbf-4f32-9063-da07b0a9e0a5.jpeg

I really do a lot of walking my Surly LHT 26in 52cm 2008 Touring Bicycle up hills to rest my Heart and Body and I had problems using Shimano SPD pedals in the past. and I have been using my
Sun Ringle zuzu DH Platform Pedals since 11-2008 with Merrell Moab Gore-Tex or Moab Ventilator Mid Hiking Boots and I just got the Oboz Bridger BDry Hiking Boots is $175.99 US Dollars for my Bicycle Touring Trips

View: https://youtu.be/WMjP1DA4HCE

Last edited:

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
What is the question?

OP
OP
RollingNoMad

RollingNoMad

What is the question?
My Post is Updated: Question is what would you Do?
I really do a lot of walking my Surly LHT 26in 52cm 2008 Touring Bicycle up hills to rest my Heart and Body and I had problems using Shimano SPD pedals in the past. and I have been using my Sun Ringle zuzu DH Platform Pedals since 11-2008 with Merrell Moab Gore-Tex or Moab Ventilator Mid Hiking Boots and I just got the Oboz Bridger BDry Hiking Boots is $175.99 US Dollars for my Bicycle Touring Trips

View: https://youtu.be/WMjP1DA4HCE

This Is the Hiking Boots that I am going to be using Oboz Bridger BDry Hiking Boots is $175.99 US Dollars and The Shimano XM7 Gore-Tex SPD Shoes is $200.00 US Dollars
09175740-0359-4c84-88a7-0e2636081639.jpeg

498573ae-efbf-4f32-9063-da07b0a9e0a5.jpeg

I have been reading a few Reviews on the Funn Mamba one-sided SPD DH Platform Pedals

I really like the DMR Vault Brendog signature DH Platform Pedals for Bicycle Touring and This is one of the DH Platform Pedals that I have been looking at for about 2 years and I am using the Sun Ringle zuzu DH platform Pedals for Bicycle Touring Trips in Southern California and Arizona with Merrell Moab mid Gore-Tex Boots. And the DMR Vault Brendog signature DH Platform Pedals is 105mm X 115mm and it is $119.99 at Wiggle.com/ and free shipping to Riverside, California USA

large_67420.jpg

OP
OP
RollingNoMad

RollingNoMad

No i do not work for shimano.
Sorry I have said that but everytime I ask about pedals for bicycle touring on DH Platform Pedals and Shimano was always replyed

I have made my Discussion on DH Platform Pedals for Bicycle Touring

I really like the DMR Vault Brendog signature DH Platform Pedals for Bicycle Touring and This is one of the DH Platform Pedals that I have been looking at for about 2 years and I am using the Sun Ringle zuzu DH platform Pedals for Bicycle Touring Trips in Southern California and Arizona with Merrell Moab mid Gore-Tex Boots. And the DMR Vault Brendog signature DH Platform Pedals is 105mm X 115mm
And $119.99+free Shipping from Wiggle(dot)com to Me in Oceanside, CA

One thing about the DMR Vault DH platform Pedals can be rebuilt

Note: I have tried about SPD Clipless Pedals
In the past, Shimano m540, Shimano m545 DH platform SPD Clipless Pedals, And Crank Brothers Clipless DH platform Pedals.
and I feel safe using clipless pedals for Bicycle Touring being cliped on my pedals when fully-loaded

large_67420.jpg

OP
OP
RollingNoMad

RollingNoMad

My New DMR Vault Brendog DH Platform Flat Pedals for My Surly LHT 26 52 cm 2008 Touring Bicycle. And I have been thinking about Buying the DMR Vault Brendog DH Platform Flat Pedals for 3 years+ and MSRP: $160.00 in the USA and I ordered them from Wiggle for $105.30 free Shipping from England to Oceanside, CA. and on 6-20-2018 if when I am going to put then on my Surly LHT 26in 52cm 2008 Touring Bicycle

View: https://youtu.be/iHn7kRT5e4Q

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
If I'm understanding you correctly, I think you are saying you don't get on with SPD shoes and do like your walking boots for touring. In which case I think you should just fit some nice flat pedals on your bike. I don't think you need to use SPDs at all for touring.

On the DMRs, I don't know them really. They look nice enough but considering other perfectly good flat pedals like DMR V8s are only around $30 + shipping (and wellgo copies about half that), I would suggest that they may be more expensive than needed for the task. If you are talking about sometimes using SPDs and sometimes not, then there are a few around at different prices. I'd be tempted to stick to one or the other though, as my experience of spd/flat pedals is that they always seem to be the wrong way up whichever way you areusing them :smile:

OP
OP
RollingNoMad

RollingNoMad

If I'm understanding you correctly, I think you are saying you don't get on with SPD shoes and do like your walking boots for touring. In which case I think you should just fit some nice flat pedals on your bike. I don't think you need to use SPDs at all for touring.

On the DMRs, I don't know them really. They look nice enough but considering other perfectly good flat pedals like DMR V8s are only around $30 + shipping (and wellgo copies about half that), I would suggest that they may be more expensive than needed for the task. If you are talking about sometimes using SPDs and sometimes not, then there are a few around at different prices. I'd be tempted to stick to one or the other though, as my experience of spd/flat pedals is that they always seem to be the wrong way up whichever way you areusing them :smile:
I now have the DMR Vault Brendog DH Platform Flat Pedal waiting to be put on my Surly LHT 26in 52cm 2008 Touring Bicycle. and As for SPD Clipless? I don't know yet. and I was looking at the DMR V12 DH Platform Pedals but I got the DMR Vault Brendog DH Platform Flat Pedals for $105.30 from Wiggle

Top Bottom