Funniest ever TV moment?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

longers

Legendary Member
I always liked the collie dog skiing while the "shepherd" was going on. Not sure where it originated but i think I saw it featured on It'll Be Alright On The Night 3. (4,5,6,7,8,9,etc)

[itchy bumhole] dog slides down astroturf slope behind warbling cumbrian, twice [/itchy bumhole]

Father Ted is inspired. Strange how none of the cast have gone on to do anything better yet in this sphere of influence.

Black Books is good too.

yenrod

Julian Clary at that Comedy awards....

Comes to mind...

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

...again not strictly a TV moment...well not here anyway...but this is one of my favourites. It's especially funny as half my family is German.

Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

Arch

Married to Night Train
longers said:
Father Ted is inspired. Strange how none of the cast have gone on to do anything better yet in this sphere of influence.

I suspect Dermot Morgan has been rather handicapped in that respect, being dead...:biggrin:

walker

Arch said:
I suspect Dermot Morgan has been rather handicapped in that respect, being dead...:biggrin:

Dougal had loads of Job's over in Hollywood offered to him but he turned them all down.

What about the father ted with Graham Norton in it as the dancing father and all of them doing Irish Dancing in the Caravan? hilarious.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
"stoneybridge, described by sir walter scott, as stoneybridge"

Arch

Married to Night Train
alecstilleyedye said:
"stoneybridge, described by sir walter scott, as stoneybridge"

Oh, oh, Absolutely!

My favourite line was the solution to the problem of Tom Cruise opening the town jamboree and would he be visible, being short?

"We could build him a wee podum?

Aye, or we could all stand in a ditch?"

You have to have the Scottish accent in your head for full effect...

mosschops2

I recall seeing Vic and Bob on a comic relief do on the TV.

They were singing a duet of sorts, something like unchained melody. In front of them was a table with some 60 pints of beer on it. They had to sing alternate lines, and while one was singing, the other had to down a pint. In the space of a 3 minute song, they had both drank / spilt somewhere in the region of 20 pints of beer.... I can't find a link to it anywhere, but the overall silliness was hysterical.....

I also like some of the one liners, and scenarios from Phoenix Nights.

Two which spring to mind:

Transit van pulls up in the car park of the Phoenix. Out troop a stag do of midgets in football kits. Max turns to Paddy, "How far away are they??"

And the party with the balloons held up be a scramble net. Except that when the scramble net was dropped, it turned out all of the balloons were helium ones, so nothing happened!! I'd love to actually do that one!

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
Arch said:
Oh, oh, Absolutely!

My favourite line was the solution to the problem of Tom Cruise opening the town jamboree and would he be visible, being short?

"We could build him a wee podum?

Aye, or we could all stand in a ditch?"

You have to have the Scottish accent in your head for full effect...

"we don't have a velodrome yet, but maigret does have a bicycle, so you can't fault us for spirit… in stoneybridge"

When the Panda's "Terry and Wang Wang" appeared on CH4's "Who Dares Wins" nearly had me doubled up every time.

And the Guy Fawkes sketch - brilliant.

Absolutely - Frank Hovis on the Toilet!

domd1979

Veteran
One of the classic Fawlty Towers moments (well, its all classic) is the Gourmet Night episode, when his car stalls. "If you don't start by the time I've counted to three..."

And at the end: "Duck's off".

Smokin Joe said:
Del boy's bar counter mishap was exactly the scene I thought of when I saw this thread. Closely followed by Basil Fawlty returning to the hotel with his head bandaged after sneaking out of hospital in "The Germans".

You just knew the rest of the episode was going to be hilarious.

Mr Phoebus

walker said:
What about the father ted with Graham Norton in it as the dancing father and all of them doing Irish Dancing in the Caravan? hilarious.
First time I saw that, I was nearly sick through laffin so hard. :biggrin:

Top Bottom