Funniest ever TV moment?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
I have two...one is in Allo Allo when Herr Flick goes to Berlin and Helga asks how she can contact him. He says by phone, she asks his number. He looks at her in his Herr Flick manner and says 'Berlin Vun'. NO idea why but it makes me laugh every time.

And another Max and Paddy moment when they're learning to dance and they do the moves from Dirty Dancing with the armpit tickle. I laughed so much and my husband didn't understand what was so funny.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
"On The Lavatory with Frank Hovis" from Absolutely, where he tells the tale about crapping in a taxi...

"There was a TITANIC struggle going on in my underpants........ naturally, the poo won as it had the weight advantage"

and

"I looked round and there it was, coiled up and hissing slightly"

The last line where he talks about the taxi driver -

"So I gave him a tip. I said 'clean out your taxi' !"

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
goo_mason said:
"On The Lavatory with Frank Hovis" from Absolutely, where he tells the tale about crapping in a taxi...

"There was a TITANIC struggle going on in my underpants........ naturally, the poo won as it had the weight advantage"

and

"I looked round and there it was, coiled up and hissing slightly"

The last line where he talks about the taxi driver -

"So I gave him a tip. I said 'clean out your taxi' !"
did you see him (john sparkes) do that at the festival last year? bloody funny :biggrin::smile:

Rob S

Yes I Do Know What The Funniest Thing In Absolutely Is It's Morwenna Banks As The Little Girl....it Is It's True!!!!

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
alecstilleyedye said:
did you see him (john sparkes) do that at the festival last year? bloody funny :biggrin::smile:

I wish I had, but sadly I was very, very skint last summer and I made it to one show - the Harry Shearer "American Voyeurs (This is SO not about the Simpsons)" show, which was disappointingly unfunny.

Mind you, I did get to meet the guy who was doing "Jesus of Guantanamo Bay" who cycled down to Leith in an orange boiler suit...., plus I stood next to Richard Pryor's daughter Raine, Steve Punt, Les Dennis, Mike McShane and Alexander Armstrong in the Pleasance Courtyard one afternoon. You're always guaranteed a good star-spot here in August :biggrin:

Arch

Married to Night Train
Dayvo said:
Agree with catwoman about Rik Mayall as Kevin Turvey.
Also as Lord Flasheart in the Blackadder series.

Father Ted? Couldn't/can't see what was funny about it! :biggrin: Mind you, there's plenty of you lot who think it's the dee's bees! :biggrin:

Whereas I've found most of Rik Mayall's characters tediously loud, vulgar and shouty....

Each to their own...

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
goo_mason said:
I wish I had, but sadly I was very, very skint last summer and I made it to one show - the Harry Shearer "American Voyeurs (This is SO not about the Simpsons)" show, which was disappointingly unfunny.

Mind you, I did get to meet the guy who was doing "Jesus of Guantanamo Bay" who cycled down to Leith in an orange boiler suit...., plus I stood next to Richard Pryor's daughter Raine, Steve Punt, Les Dennis, Mike McShane and Alexander Armstrong in the Pleasance Courtyard one afternoon. You're always guaranteed a good star-spot here in August :biggrin:

indeed. once saw bob mortimer at the bus stop (us not him), and stewart lee borrowed an ashtray off mrs alecetc at the pleasance.

up in auld reekie next end of august so will probably miss the best bits :biggrin:

Top Bottom