Funniest football chants you've heard

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Not very original but...
Sacked in the morning, you're getting sacked in the morning
sacked in the mornnning....etc.

Sung to opposing managers. Worked 3 times last season.:ohmy:

Thought we might have added Ramos to the list after beating Spurs as well. Still the season is yet young.

got-to-get-fit

Rolling Thunder said:
There used to be a South Korean player called Lee Young-Pyo who played for Spurs. The chant went "he'll shoot, he'll score, he'll eat your Labrador. Lee Young-Pyo! Lee Young-Pyo!"

Thats the funniest ive ever heard

strofiwimple

Veteran
Wolf04 said:
It was a local derby between the Toon and the Village of the Damned. Andy O'Brien scores a critical goal for the Toon. Some bright spark remembering that a former player Liam O'Brien had achieved a similar feat started the chant:
Liam O'Brien Andy O'Brien any any O'Brien (to the any old iron tune) a brilliant victory for the just and righteous cause.

Yeah right! a member of the self named "toon army" was quick witted enough to come up with that little ditty at a derby after sinking several bottles of newcie broon!!!

Not a chant but.... What does a newcastle fan do after his team has won the european cup? turns off his play station and gets back into bed with his sister.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Sung by Ipswich to Norwich in the 80's

Jingle Bells, Putney smells
Robert Flecks a q***r
don't go near the Norwich boys
cos they got gonorea

got-to-get-fit

Last match i went to was wigan and Chelsea......Wigan were taking charge of the match and making chelsea look ordinary. The chant ringing out was ..........Little Wigan,
Taking the Piss
Little Wigan,
Taking the Piss........ad infinitum

It didnt last long though.....chelsea soon shut them up.

Wolf04

strofiwimple said:
Yeah right! a member of the self named "toon army" was quick witted enough to come up with that little ditty at a derby after sinking several bottles of newcie broon!!!

Not a chant but.... What does a newcastle fan do after his team has won the european cup? turns off his play station and gets back into bed with his sister.

LOL
Best joke I've heard in ages.
Did you come up with that while watching Champions League football at the SOS?

yello

PaulB said:
It's "his arse drags on the ground" mate

I stand corrected :tongue: I was going from (failing) memory and it was a good 20 years ago!

I liked the 'Neville Neville' one too.

Am I being selectively nostalgic or were the songs a little more creative (and funny) years ago (when I were a lad :wacko:). I haven't been to football seriously for maybe 10 years and even then the songs were getting same-old-same-old, but you still got the odd seemingly topical or spontaneous chant.

That's just the way it is in football chants. In the world of football Spurs fans are Jewish, scousers are pikey, Newcastle fans are fat etc. it's all meant in jest

In Sweden, football chanting is somewhat pathetic!

For instance, one section of supporters sings to their fellow supporters standing in another part of the ground:

*translation*

'You lot over there, are you ready?'

and the reply:

'Yes indeed we are, we're just waiting for a goal.' WTF :tongue:

Or when the city teams play a team from the country, the city home fans chant to their rivals 'Do you all drive tractors?' :wacko:

14 years ago, I saw a match between Norway and Denmark in Oslo. There was no trouble between the fans, but the referee was Swedish (imagine Scotland playing Ireland with an English ref and you get some idea), and for 90 minutes, both sets of fans gave him stick, singing something like 'You fukking Swedish self-gratification artist.' :smile:

Top Bottom