FYI: mixing COVID Vaccine boosters is okay: CDC & FDA confirm

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Okay, so based on what I had read, that mix and match boosters has not just been approved by our leading health organizations here in the States, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) but it is said that might even give us better protection.

So... I went to the Pharmacy inside Giant Food, one of our grocery stores that has a pharmacy, and where I got my first 2 jabs (Moderna) and asked to sign up for my booster this afternoon. (I'm 65, Mrs. Kayaker has to wait until her group is cleared) and I asked for the Pfizer booster please. I was told that having had the (2) Moderna jabs, I could only get the Moderna booster. I said (hopefully not snarkily) that I did not understand why, as the CDA and FDA had approved mix and match, and was told that yes, that is true, but Giant Food has their own policies as well. Who KNOWS who decides that! But I'm not picky. I had originally wanted the Moderna booster anyway.

So, there you have an update from this side of the pond. But at least I can get a booster this afternoon. My 2nd Moderna jab was just shy of 7 months ago, so I'm happy to get ANY booster. :okay: Stay safe, everyone. Get that booster jab (whichever) when you can!
You are right, ANY booster is better than NO booster, if you are eligible for it!

OP
OP
kayakerles

kayakerles

Have a nice ride.
I may be picky about SOME things in life... but when it comes to COVID Vaccine Boosters, if you've got a needle with Booster in it, I've got an arm!

Slick

Guru
Okay, so based on what I had read, that mix and match boosters has not just been approved by our leading health organizations here in the States, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) but it is said that might even give us better protection.

So... I went to the Pharmacy inside Giant Food, one of our grocery stores that has a pharmacy, and where I got my first 2 jabs (Moderna) and asked to sign up for my booster this afternoon. (I'm 65, Mrs. Kayaker has to wait until her group is cleared) and I asked for the Pfizer booster please. I was told that having had the (2) Moderna jabs, I could only get the Moderna booster. I said (hopefully not snarkily) that I did not understand why, as the CDA and FDA had approved mix and match, and was told that yes, that is true, but Giant Food has their own policies as well. Who KNOWS who decides that! But I'm not picky. I had originally wanted the Moderna booster anyway.

So, there you have an update from this side of the pond. But at least I can get a booster this afternoon. My 2nd Moderna jab was just shy of 7 months ago, so I'm happy to get ANY booster. :okay: Stay safe, everyone. Get that booster jab (whichever) when you can!
I got the Moderna as well for my double vaccination, but it will almost certainly be something different by the time I get my booster. Muck like yourself though, I'm not particularly fussed as long as I get it. :okay:

I got the Moderna as well for my double vaccination, but it will almost certainly be something different by the time I get my booster. Muck like yourself though, I'm not particularly fussed as long as I get it. :okay:

Not much changes, really - the beneficiaries of Dr Jenner's techniques weren't bothered if they were infected with cowpox which originated from Blossom, Buttercup or Daisy - any one of them would protect the recipient from dying of smallpox, or being horribly scarred for life, much better than not getting cowpox at all.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I read somewhere that the third one is Pfizer for us in Scotland anyway.

OP
OP
kayakerles

kayakerles

Have a nice ride.
Im always up for a covid or flu jab (always make sure its the anti covid or flu jab youre getting) and thoroughly enjoy the wowwipop after.
I hear you, Drago. Giant Food (where I got my jab) was administering them right back by their bakery. I hoped for a freebie, even asked, but alas, no dice.

But hey, I got the jab. 🤷🏻‍♂️ 💉

Top Bottom