GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY boooooys

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tetedelacourse

Dayvo said:
As opposed to ar$eholes! ;)

Jacomus!
If your work colleague is that ignorant/narrow-minded then either treat him with the contempt he deserves, or punch his fukking lights out!
That'll learn 'im! :sad:

Haven't heard that for ages. Brilliant!:smile:

yenrod

Even if I was gay (which I know I'm not!) sex would be the last thing on my mind when cycling; in fact I know as much as I can spy a fit girl or such like but sex NO NO !

I'm too shagged riding - ;)

barq

Where did that happen Jacomus? I'm in Guildford so I wondered which of your listed locations was involved.

Arch is right though. Gay seems to be a generic insult that can be used to imply all sorts of things other than the more obvious meaning. I had an odd conversation with one of my nieces where she said something was gay. I pointed out that was homophobic, and she was horrified and explained she "only meant it wasn't very good". (Of course it had homophobic connotations, but that wasn't what she meant.) It just seems to be something kids say about anything which seems different or unusual and usually implies their utter ignorance.

barq said:
... Gay seems to be a generic insult that can be used to imply all sorts of things other than the more obvious meaning. I had an odd conversation with one of my nieces where she said something was gay. I pointed out that was homophobic, and she was horrified and explained she "only meant it wasn't very good".

Dear sir,
I wish to complain in the strongest possible terms about the hijacking of the word "gay". In my young day, it was a perfectly adequate term used to denote a person attracted to members of the same sex. Now it seems to be used as a synonym for "not very good". What is the world coming to, etc. etc.
Yours,
Brigadier Farquarsson - Toss (Ret.)

;)

Shaun

Founder
Gay
1900's - used by the gentry to label jolly folk
1970's - knicked by the yoof to imply a man is whimpish/effeminate/homosexual
1990's - reclaimed by gay community for positive use
2000's - knicked by the yoof again; this time meaning crap, or not very good
2010's - used to describe male cyclists who don't wear lycra? ;):biggrin::biggrin:

Not too sure on the chronology, or exact specifics, but funny how language changes over time.

Admin said:
Gay
1900's - used by the gentry to label jolly folk
1970's - knicked by the yoof to imply a man is whimpish/effeminate/homosexual
1990's - reclaimed by gay community for positive use
2000's - knicked by the yoof again; this time meaning crap, or not very good
2010's - used to describe male cyclists who don't wear lycra? ;):biggrin::biggrin:

Not too sure on the chronology, or exact specifics, but funny how language changes over time.

Truesay. I think evolving language is well bad man.

wafflycat

Jacomus, tell your mate this...

From my distinctly *female* perspective, there's nothing finer than the sight of a firm male rear end clad in close-fitting cycling attire. That, combined with smooth, well-honed leg muscles make for an extremely attractive and *hot* view.

To put it bluntly, "T'aint nuthin' finer than a man's pert bum in Lycra"

or: PHHWWOOAAAR!

So perhaps your mate needs to rethink his view on blokes in cycling kit.

Another way to think of it :-

Petacchi vs Missing Link = Cycling wins the desirability stakes

OP
OP
Jacomus-rides-Gen

Jacomus-rides-Gen

wafflycat said:
Jacomus, tell your mate this...

From my distinctly *female* perspective, there's nothing finer than the sight of a firm male rear end clad in close-fitting cycling attire. That, combined with smooth, well-honed leg muscles make for an extremely attractive and *hot* view.

To put it bluntly, "T'aint nuthin' finer than a man's pert bum in Lycra"

or: PHHWWOOAAAR!

So perhaps your mate needs to rethink his view on blokes in cycling kit.

Another way to think of it :-

Petacchi vs Missing Link = Cycling wins the desirability stakes

Thank you Wafflycat.

I especially like Petacchi vs waaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyne ;) :sad: :smile:

Top Bottom