Game: Name that road!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Venod

Eh up
Another day another clue.

It's in the Eastern half of North Yorkshire, this is the profile of the road.

ntr.jpg

Last edited:

Venod

Eh up
Is anybody interested in the latest picture ? here's another clue.

It can be found listed under the top 100 climbs but its not in the top 100.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
No takers yet?

OK... the shadow of the tree suggests we're likely to be looking west, and it's obviously close to the coast. And the eagle-eyed might have noticed something significant along the coastline on the left hand side of the photo.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
No takers yet?

OK... the shadow of the tree suggests we're likely to be looking west, and it's obviously close to the coast. And the eagle-eyed might have noticed something significant along the coastline on the left hand side of the photo.
I had already worked that out. The trick is using that info to track the place down! I can't do the challenge properly on my phone (eyesight not up to it even with my glasses on) but will check again later on my laptop.

MontyVeda

I had already worked that out. The trick is using that info to track the place down! I can't do the challenge properly on my phone (eyesight not up to it even with my glasses on) but will check again later on my laptop.
the 'something significant' is rather vague on my 17" monitor... but once that's been sussed out, it should be really easy to find the right bit of coastline :okay:

figbat

Slippery scientist
Looks like wind turbines?

MontyVeda

Well done!

not many wind farms right on the north west coast.

And those who know my posts would know it could only be the coast of north Lancs or that of north west Cumbria.

It's on a route from Bridgefoot to Maryport and was a potential commute had I accepted the job... but a hilly seven miles through winter didn't sit easy with me... and I'd have only been painting these bloody things: (edit... not quite those exact bloody things but similarly ghastly)

84cc427225912c11f465c375d919111a.jpg

:eek:

Last edited:
OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Well done!

not many wind farms right on the north west coast.

And those who know my posts would know it could only be the coast of north Lancs or that of north west Cumbria.
I thought it was an excellent picture for this challenge...
  • We know the areas that you usually post about
  • Clear shadows to give us an indication of direction
  • The sea is there in front of us
  • A sharp RH bend in the road leading down to a coastal village
  • Wind turbines down on the left
  • Land in the distance to the right across the water
I have GB-wide digital OS maps at 1:250,000, 1:50,000, and 1:25,000 so it was easy for me to come up with a shortlist given what I knew, and Street View confirmed my guess.

Ok, here's my next one. I don't think that I have done this one before, but I have thought of using it in the past. (I searched for the name of the place and it doesn't feature in any of my posts in this thread.)

Name That Road!

Top Bottom