Game: Name that road!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I hate this game! :rolleyes:

I thoroughly enjoy finding that road...

...it's finding the next road to post that i don't enjoy.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
is it somewhere near Coventry? :whistle:
Yes! Oh, you've found it since then...

If you had searched for posts by me on CC mentioning 'sandstone' you'd have found THIS ONE.

Let's see what you come up with now. :okay:

I have got into the habit of looking for my next road to post as soon as my most recent one has been identified.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

There was me thinking Well was the big hint. Actually, it was just a conjunction and "I may have lived ..." was the big hint. I stopped reading as soon as I saw big hint and started thinking of places called "Well" or "Wells".
View attachment 586121
up the wrong tree
Ah, I see what you both meant now... Yes, it would have been better as "Well, (BIG hint!) I may have lived in NW England for 38 years..."!

MontyVeda

There was me thinking Well was the big hint. Actually, it was just a conjunction and "I may have lived ..." was the big hint. I stopped reading as soon as I saw big hint and started thinking of places called "Well" or "Wells".
View attachment 586121
up the wrong tree
same here! I was looking for Wells in town names, holy wells, sacred springs, then spa towns as in Leamington...

Yes! Oh, you've found it since then...

If you had searched for posts by me on CC mentioning 'sandstone' you'd have found THIS ONE.

After Classic told me you were from Coventry (Thanks @classic33 you were much more help than @Drago), I googled 'sandstone outcrop coventry' which lead me directly to Corley Rocks. That's after spending far too long looking for sandstone outcrops in and around Herefordshire.

Do you mind if I bend the rules a little @ColinJ? and offer the next entry to someone who hasn't yet had the chance to post a picture of a road in this thread.

First come first served. providing its your first time.

If there's no takers by tea time tomorrow, I'll post one.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Ok - a rare opportunity for a first time poster to offer us a chance to... Name That Road! (See first post in thread for details of the kind of thing we want.)

PS Actually, anybody can do it normally as long as they solved the preceding NTR challenge first. It is rare to have the chance to do it WITHOUT solving one first!

Last edited:
OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

I don't know it, but it is the kind of road I like so I will enjoy trying to find it...

I reckon that the camera is pointing pretty much south? (Direction of shadows, and the appearance of the tree on the left suggests that the prevailing W/SW wind comes from the right.)

MontyVeda

correct on both counts :okay:

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Was it the pylons and mobile phone masts that helped you locate it... a couple of miles north of Lancaster?
Tree development and shadows to determine direction.

Search centred on Lancaster, because many of your roads are in that area.

A narrow lane so a thin yellow road marking on OS 1:50,000 map.

Undulating terrain, small hill to right of road. (Contours on OS map.)

Pylon and power cables to the south.

I didn't spot the phone masts... Are they fake trees to the right atop the hill?

Top Bottom