Game: Name that road!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Aravis

Putrid Donut
I thought the evenly-spaced clumps of trees were familiar, and I seem to be right:

Approximately where I've placed the circle on the map below (strangely not shown as unfenced):

There's a good name near the bottom right corner which I'd not noticed before.

I'm happy to follow Colin's lead and offer the next one to @Willd and @ClichéGuevara.

Willd

Veteran
@Aravis Thank you :okay:

DSC00085.jpg

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I thought the evenly-spaced clumps of trees were familiar, and I seem to be right:

View attachment 587461

Approximately where I've placed the circle on the map below (strangely not shown as unfenced):

View attachment 587463

I'm happy to follow Colin's lead and offer the next one to @Willd and @ClichéGuevara.
Well done!

I remembered @figbat saying that he rode in that area so that is where I was looking. I actually looked at Scary Hill this afternoon!

I spotted the clumps of trees on the ridge but from a slightly different viewpoint. (I can't quite remember where it was.)

I noticed that some of the roads were not correctly marked after originally only searching for ones with dashed edges on the OS map.

For some reason I completely overlooked the correct road. I'm curious now to find the one that gave me the similar view of the ridge...

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Ah - I found it in my browser history. I realised that it wouldn't be the B4000 because the road needed didn't look like a B road, but I thought I'd take a look at the ridge from there and realised that it was probably the right ridge from the wrong direction. It turns out I was about 3 km SW of where I needed to be...

figbat

Slippery scientist

View attachment 587461

View attachment 587463

As I said before, I stopped here specifically to get a ‘name that road’ picture. Shortly after taking this I was winching my way up the hill from Knighton to the Ridgeway, which is a bit of a lung-buster.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Was looking at the edge of Coventry and Rugby, as the presence of telegraph poles and multiple driveways / entrances suggested that this was on the edge of a major urban area, but saw nothing suitable. Need to start looking a bit further North, heading South?

Willd

Veteran
Congratulations :notworthy:, if you go back about 20m you'll see the gateway, over to you ^_^

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
This will be instantly recognisable to locals familiar with the vigorous workout you get from riding up this hill.
1620645009798.png

You can see my bike leaning on the right of the road.

Last edited:

T4tomo

Legendary Member
it looks vaguely familiar, but the vaguely familiar places i can recall, don't have that little bridge, which isn't a recent addition!!

It also looks more like a footpath / disused railway line than another road or proper railway going over it?

T4tomo

Legendary Member
yes I was thinking south downs, it looks a bit like Toys hill lane out of westerham, but no bridge there.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
yes I was thinking south downs, it looks a bit like Toys hill lane out of westerham, but no bridge there.
Right kind of area. Ish.

And a hint that if you're on streetview and the picture quality is awful, you might be on the right lines. Here it is on Streetview
1620654942914.png

Top Bottom