Game: Name that road!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

robjh

Legendary Member
Try this one

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Dartmoor?

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Those hills remind me of my picture in post #1362 on this thread
View attachment 619547
so I am going to guess at
B8083 between Elgol and Broadford, and the hills are Beinn na Caillich, which wikipedia tells me translates as Hill of the Old Woman.
The hills look closer in the 1960s photo, but could that have been taken with a zoom lens?

Damn it was one of the Skye variants after all. Should have looked further along the road than I did.

robjh

Legendary Member
Looks like the top of Bowland Knotts, approaching from the south, at a glance....

Here we go:
https://tinyurl.com/yyc44mhu
So much easier when it's the hill outside my house.
View attachment 619659
Spot on. I didn't know it had a name, but I was riding from Gisburn Forest over to Clapham (the N.Yorkshire one).
As that row of rocky outcrops is quite distinct, I'm not surprised that someone recognised it quite quickly.

I recognised it in about a second. I'd just not seen it 'til now due to lack of electricity today.

I'll get another one up this evening but right now I need to stop using the waning electricity supply in assorted battery powered items and go somewhere with a functioning power grid :-\

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
RATS!!!!!!!!!

I have had an 11 hour power cut here and have only just had the power restored. I took one look at that photo and thought "Bowland Knotts" and have just done my 'due diligence'... Never mind - well done , @Sea of vapours!

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

I recognised it in about a second. I'd just not seen it 'til now due to lack of electricity today.

I'll get another one up this evening but right now I need to stop using the waning electricity supply in assorted battery powered items and go somewhere with a functioning power grid :-\
RATS!!!!!!!!!

I have had an 11 hour power cut here and have only just had the power restored. I took one look at that photo and thought "Bowland Knotts" and have just done my 'due diligence'... Never mind - well done , @Sea of vapours!
Great minds think alike, but great fingers type faster!

robjh

Legendary Member
OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

I was thinking that it would be somewhere flat that was local to SoV, and therefore to me! I was looking in the Wyre/Fylde area, all the time thinking that I don't remember him riding out there...

Top Bottom