Game: Name that road!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

figbat

Slippery scientist
You’ve got the right power station and it was taken on 13 August at 18:30. If you know the power station you also know this picture was not taken recently and can never be recreated.

Aravis

Putrid Donut
I got there in the end. :sweat:

You're in Church Road, heading NW from Cholsey, just beyond the summit of Cholsey Hill.

Aravis

Putrid Donut
Nailed it, to the inch! Good detective work.
Interesting one. With the information on time of day I managed to figure out it was the northern two towers which were almost in line, which meant it had to be somewhere near the railway heading for London.

Here's another one, which shouldn't be too hard:

Aravis

Putrid Donut
Just south of Epney by the River Severn
Quite right, of course. I've been out this evening and have just picked this up.

It's a place that I imagine many LeJoggers pass by if choosing the Gloucester route. There's a pub behind the spot where I was standing where there always seem to be a number of bikes on a summer evening.

Over to you...

Venod

Eh up
I am struggling to find a picture with my bike in or cyclists that is easy identifiable, so a google image of a road I have ridden several times will have to suffice.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I only know one descent with an escape lane (B6478 Slaidburn Road towards Waddington, coming down from Waddington Fell) but that isn't it. Anyway, it's a clue - escape lane, NOT the B6478! Oh, and a quiet road.

I've had a look at a few of THESE but haven't spotted it yet.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

It's on the list:okay:
I'm using a tiny, slow netbook today and so can't be bothered to continue through the list! If somebody else doesn't spot it, I will carry on searching later on my fast laptop.

PS Since we are not stopping on some of our rides to take photos, maybe I should change the guidelines to simply "You should have ridden the road that you post a picture of. If you have your own photo use that, otherwise take a screenshot from Google Streetview."?

Last edited:

Venod

Eh up
PS Since we are not stopping on some of our rides to take photos, maybe I should change the guidelines to simply "You should have ridden the road that you post a picture of. If you have your own photo use that, otherwise take a screenshot from Google Streetview."?
Thats sounds fine to me, its still interesting, following the clues.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Thats sounds fine to me, its still interesting, following the clues.
I have requested that the mods change the description in the first post to this:

The object of the game is to identify where a photograph was taken. It should be taken on a public road which you have ridden in the UK. (It's not that I don't like seeing photos from round the world but we really don't stand much chance of identifying (for example) a dirt road to a small temple in Vietnam!)

It would be nice if it featured you and/or your riding companion(s) and/or your bike(s) but don't worry about that if you just took a snap of the scenery, interesting building, bridge, whatever. If you don't have a photo of your own, just take a screenshot from Google Streetview but if you do that, remember to crop out any identifying*** features!!

I prefer country roads but if it is your turn to post the photo then you can decide for yourself whether to feature a backstreet in Cardiff (whatever/wherever)!

The named winner of the current round should go on to post a picture of a road previously ridden by him/her.

There should be something in the picture which would allow the location to be identified. Try and choose something not too obvious but not too obscure either (we do want to be able to identify the location without too many clues!).

*** I may have to change that to "OBVIOUS identifying features such as A646, Halifax Road etc."!

Top Bottom